Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i'm about to order my a250 but unsure weather to get the engineered sports version as it does work out £1000 cheaper compared to my speced up a250 amg sport, however i want the night pack with the black alloys. Is there any performance difference between the 2?

Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
get the engineered.. same engine but you do get a throatier exhaust note .... you could always get black alloys with the money you save

·
Registered
61 Posts
Welcome to the forums

My Engineered has just arrived at the dealers yesterday, should get a chance to go collect it next week. Ordered it in January, so been a long wait!

The Engineered and AMG Sport do have the same engine, but Engineered definitely has some tweaks done by AMG which the AMG Sport does not have.

Few obvious ones I know are diamond front grille, bi-xenon headlamps with red rings, red front and rear splitters, red calipers, tinted windows, different suspension setup, 'engineered by amg' exhaust (which sounds lovely, and makes that popping sound on gearchanges), red vent surrounds inside

Check this video out for the exhaust note on the Engineered - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-FKOOzg7A

It is a long video, but if you watch it for a few seconds at 1m 20s you will hear its note under hard acceleration, then if you watch it around 2m 15s onwards for 20/30 seconds you will hear the popping sound a good few times.

It is this video, pus hearing this exhaust note on my test drive, which made me want nothing less than the Engineered!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you've swayed me, now its just for extras, i dont know what i need/want!

Exclusive interior maybe?? From pictures looks abit plain?? Does it add lighting into the interor??Edited by: Mattyl

·
Registered
61 Posts
Did you watch the video? I have watched it many times in the 6 month wait for mine!

On the Engineered, the exclusive pack adds full leather with red perforations, lumbar support, heated front seats and a bit more red stitch detailing on the dash board

I am more into the way my cars look, each to their own, and I loved the way it looked already from the exterior so I did not need much by way of extras. I did however go for the exclusive package, reversing camera and metallic paint (south seas blue). I am probably going to get the roof / wing mirrors / front lip wrapped in black to give it that extra wow factor

Here are 2 more short videos which I sold me on the Engineered. Loved the sound.

starting & accelerating away - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q1ovOOsrSM

starting & revving -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIqktJ9-t1c

Edited by: zazaz

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i watched it, engineered it is. Yours sounds lovely mate, i'm unsure on colour however i believe white it will be. I dont need too much but i need some sort of parking aid, camera or sensors, pan roof i'm set on and its just the interior now? Exclusive or not... Anybody got any exclusive interior pictures??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure if you caught the extra videos I posted links to above - i added them in after the initial post. The cars not mine mate, I don't pick mine up until next week.

I found that the best way to get pictures of various colours and exclusive / standard interiors was to go through the A-class approved use list on the Merc UK webpage. Sort it by high to low price, and the Engineered ones will come first. There you will get lots of photos of the for sale ones via Merc

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll take a look at them now bud, i bet the waits killing you. Mine will be september delivery unfortunately.

Its definitely a engineered for me just specing it now!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ouch that's a long wait mate - know the feeling though.

I ordered in January, was told June delivery, then it got delayed to OCTOBER due to Merc backlog in Germany, then got a early build allocated to me and was told it back back to June, then last week got a call saying there was a canceled build and my car would be with me within 2 weeks! Then got the call from the dealer yesterday saying car has arrived, and I can collect it Monday onwards anytime. Rollercoaster indeed!

Panoramic roof looks good, and the park assist is meant to be good - but both were a bit too out of my budget, as the Engineered was top end of my budget already. Thus I just went for reversing camera

·
Registered
377 Posts
the lights under seating & footwells etc, is standard with the AMG sport & engineered.. it's part of the light & sight package on the others.. exclusive pack is just the leather with red perforations & heated front seats plus leather on the upper dash with red stitching

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've had mine since Christmas, now the weather is nice I just left Asda and opened all the windows and roof using the key as I took the trolley back then drove home.

FECK ME, THAT NOISE.

The whistle from the turbo and the garble and pops from the exhaust were pretty epic

1 - 17 of 17 Posts