Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

and hello from sunny Leicester! (not often I get to say that...)

I've just placed an order for an A250 Engineered by AMG in metallic Mountain Grey! To be picked up on Sept 1st unless they can convince me otherwise... I simply might not be able to hold out that long! Eeeek!

Anyway, nice to meet you all!

Edited by: Googlebug

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome! i have to agree with kevybabes, excellent choice of color! haha

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome Googlebug! Mine took 5 months! It seems like forever but you do get there and in the end it is well worth it!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went for what probably seems like an oddball mix of addons. I went for the HK speakers, folding wing mirrors, lumbar support, and the audio 20 + media interface.

I liked the leather trim dash from the exclusive pack, but I don't like full leather seats. I didn't go for the COMAND as I will see how the drive style plus addon goes in terms of iphone 5 compatibility and then I might go for that. Or just go with a becker...

as for safety additions, I liked the idea of the reversing camera, but given that I currently drive a scirroco GT with 19" rims I'm quite used to using my mirrors and not relying on technology! I also have a sunroof on my VW that I didn't go for on the A250, quite frankly being a bloke, I didn't see the point... although it is a rather awesome sunroof as far as they go.

I actually changed from the polar silver to the mountain grey, do you all have it in the metallic paint rather than the ridiculously expensive designo paint?

and yes... it is a bit like wishing the summer away, but then I do have a 210 BHP car already so it's not all bad.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
congrats mate, but I'd have it collected before then

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I collected mine on the 28th of Feb, it was already registered so it didn't really matter.

·
Registered
377 Posts
basically same options as me.. I went with the full leather just because I liked the dashboard trim.. stupid really! I did go for the roof though which I think is a must have IMO.

The HK does sound good with the extra power but don't expect the 5.1 surround to work without the comand system .. it only works with the DVD drive and this doesn't come with the audio 20

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah I upgraded the speakers for the extra power. I did read your other comments re: 5.1 surround... what a shame .. it does rather seem like they have missed a trick there.

is it possible to get the audio 20 upgraded to comand later do you reckon? maybe worth doing if you aren't happy with the lack of surround.

personally I wanted the drive style plus kit, but none of the dealers in or around leicester knew anything about it until I pointed it out to them and then when they found out the price from MB it turned out to be £500.... !! for a bit of kit that uses your own phone I thought that was daylight robbery.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.