Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Somethimes when i accelerating a have some kind of lag or a delay for about 1 sec
The first one is a delay of almost 1 second after depressing the accelerator suddenly</span>

Is this is normal ?
</span>Do youexperiencingsimilarthing ?

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
It does feel like a delay! Vaptorx! Hasn't bothered me that much yet as I am still going slow, but there is a bit of a drag! Is it the same in sport mode? I thought it was the eco setting!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi all,

I too thought it is Eco mode. A slight delay before pulling off.
I have 800 on the clock and started to play with sports mode. Not noticed this in S mode.
Another poster mentioned there maybe a gearbox software update to tackle this.
I haven't checked with my dealer yet as I'm going away for a week but will check when I get back.

Chris

·
Registered
629 Posts
My car is better since its software update but there is still a lag. Driving in Manual mode shows my cars true potential and it is much more urgent (and enjoyable). Oh for a proper manual box - I'd trade in an instant!

I think the 'E' mode softens and smooths the drive but you loose the punch much like a torque converter saps the power in a full automatic.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Reason I didn't go for the 250 - didn't want an auto box

·
Registered
205 Posts
Autos are luxurious and semi autos have the novelty of ab F1 flappy paddle gearbox, but at the end of the day, a manual gearbox is fricking sweet as.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A lag in E mode is pretty normal since it is a part of methods that E mode tries to save fuel and gives you smooth acceleration. If you wish to get sharp throttleresponse, just stick to the S mode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts