Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brief review:

First of all, wow!

The drive is awesome. ExActly what I would expect. Not too bumpy as some of the reviews would suggest, a perfect balance. Gear changes are seamless, but feel more manual if you know what I mean!!! A lot smoother and more feel to it than my BMW auto. It was raining yesterday so tried throwing it round some corners, sticks to the road like glue. Can't wait till its dry!

Driving position is good as well. The seats are incredibly comfortable. Got a wee road trip this weekend, around 350miles and really looking forward to it. Took a while to get used to the hold function as I have big feet and would catch the gas pedal. Got it sussed now!

Engine and exhaust notes are good too. Gave it a blast in sport mode and you can clearly here the exhaust popping away.

The only thing I'm not happy about, apart from having to park it up for the night, is the seatbelt adjusters rattle. Not major but still shouldn't be happening.

Gave her a wee rinse down last night as well as she was a bit dirty! I would buy a white one.......

·
Registered
377 Posts
nice one Jim... totally agree -

Is it your rear seat belts that are rattling?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nice review. I believe my driver seat belt sometimes got a bit rattle.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More so the passenger side.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
My drivers one did rattle until I gave it a technical adjustment (with a rubber hammer)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I've got bits of card pushed into mine on both sides! Classy
Seems to be keeping it quiet for now. Its going into MB on the 23rd for something else so they can have a look then.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My first post, but thought I'd add my A250 Engineered by AMG also has a rattle on the passengers side from the seatbelt adjuster, going to take it back to Mercedes to see what they say

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice one Jim. Wish I could have stretched the pennies to get the A250 Engineered...next time maybe.

Does the suspension set-up differ from the AMG Sport?

Think the rattle is a pretty common problem...mines has also devlepled one the passenger side within a week.

Enjoy your road trip. Hope you're headed North and not South :p

·
Registered
377 Posts
GNo said:
Nice one Jim. Wish I could have stretched the pennies to get the A250 Engineered...next time maybe.

Does the suspension set-up differ from the AMG Sport?

Think the rattle is a pretty common problem...mines has also devlepled one the passenger side within a week.

Enjoy your road trip. Hope you're headed North and not South :p

& what's up with south?? bad enough between N&S London!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just meaning the roads kevybabes...promise.

Any of you had the chance to drive West Ross coastal trail? One of my favourite streches of road in Scotland. That or Harris.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts