Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, finally had time to make some posts on the forum just returned from holidays.</font>

2014 A250 Sport - Mountain Grey</font></font>
CM1 - COMAND Package (COMAND APS, DAB+ Digital Radio and Harman Kardon sound system)</font>
DA1 - Driving Assistance Package (Blind Spot Assist, DISTRONIC PLUS and Lane Keeping Assist)</font>

</font>

</span>
Still deciding wether to option the AMG Exclusive Package. I Can change the order as I have requested for 2014 build (hoping for Feb - March delivery).</span>

</font>
AMG Exclusive Package includes</font>
""¢ Black RED CUT leather upholstery with red contrasting topstitching</span>
""¢ Convenience infrared opening/closing</span>
""¢ Fully electrical front seats with memory function</span>
""¢ Heated front seats</span>
""¢ Passenger mirror with reverse parking position</span>
""¢ THERMOTRONIC dual-zone climate control with rear ventilation</span>
""¢ Upper dashboard in black ARTICO man-made leather with red contrasting topstitching</span>

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I haven't needed the lane assist or blind spot! Not got the distronic either. There is already the collision prevention as standard, at least in UK. My last car, an 18yr old Corsa, had nothing!
This Engineered by AMG has everything! The thing I missed out on was the opening backrest with the two cup holders! Very useful!
Hope this makes your choice better informed!Edited by: Lynne

·
Registered
20 Posts
Personally I would go AMG option over Driver Assist.<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

It already comes with collision prevention, as Lynne mentioned, and as some people have pointed out it, having these "safety" features, even though they are passive, can lead to lazy and unaware drivers as they start to rely on the warnings rather than keeping their wits about them whilst driving.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Taken into account for everything and I believe its the wise thing to option that package. Thanks for everyones advice

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi tommyk,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also from Victoria and have ordered A250 with the lot. I personally wanted the Driver Assist package, mostly for Distronic Cruise control (I've always wanted this function) and using it a few times on test drives have found it is awesome. I also went with the Exclusive package, figuring that it would be easier to keep clean and I love the heated seats, once again on a test drive I found that with cold legs they warmed me up within a few minutes and it felt great. I'm still waiting on my car but I think if you would like to go the AMG then just do it. It's fairly good value when you compare with nearly any other brand to option leather seats.

Anyway let us know what you do in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts