Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car a few months and it's starting to do my head in with rattles!

Guess the AMG suspension and run-flat tyres don't help.

Dealership replaced dashboard clock surround which fixed the loud squeaks against the clocks but I have a few more which come and go...

Has anyone noticed anything too? Struggling to locate them.

Drivers door card (as if something rattles behind door card/seat belt area)

Passenger nearside door card (seems as if tweeter rattles)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have noticed a few, trim passenger side below seat belt hole not match very well, central arm rest somewhere! And glove box

·
Registered
626 Posts
The seat belt height adjuster near to your ear occasionally has an annoying rattle. Its also been raised on the German forums.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mon2s said:
The seat belt height adjuster near to your ear occasionally has an annoying rattle. Its also been raised on the German forums.
That's what one of the Mercedes service guys picked up but then when trying to replicate it after moving the seat belt - it disappeared! Although it's back again. :(

Which German forum do you look at?

I'll get the felt tape out for the door cards this weekend!

·
Registered
39 Posts
<table ="tableBorder" align="center" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" style="width: 954px; color: rgb0, 0, 0; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; table-layout: fixed; "><t><tr ="msgableRow" style="height: 200px; min-height: 200px; "><td valign="top" ="msgLineDevider"><div ="msg" style="width: 805px; ">Have heard the passenger side plastic seatbelt thing, it went away with a bit of tapping!
</td></tr><tr ="msgableRow"><td ="msgLineDevider"></td></tr></t></table><br ="Apple-interchange-newline">

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Is this the A250 engineered you are discussing? I had better buy a rubber hammer if it is !

·
Registered
626 Posts
Lynne said:
Is this the A250 engineered you are discussing? I had better buy a rubber hammer if it is !
No Lynne - its across the range. Some of the German drivers have had the belt box changed.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Mine has a couple of little rattles but it depends on the road surface.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I did have a rattle from the seatbelt height adjuster which went after a wiggle up and down. The front passenger armrest does have a rattle now and again like u db it seems to be road surface dependant. Are the dealers sorting this out then?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
well im just going to live with mine for now and if any get worse I'll have a trip to the dealers. i'm enjoying the car too much to be put off by a little rattle ;)

·
Registered
626 Posts
aguycalleddb said:
well im just going to live with mine for now and if any get worse I'll have a trip to the dealers. i'm enjoying the car too much to be put off by a little rattle ;)
Likewise. It stops if I wiggle the seatbelt housing. I'll sort it with the dealers when it needs to go in for service or something more major.

·
Registered
373 Posts
oh no dreaded rattles etc!! .... thanks for the heads up though folks .... i guess i can begin to prepare myself for them now

·
Registered
626 Posts
Its no biggy. Still a lovely quiet car. A lot less rattles than my TT had from new.

·
Registered
373 Posts
bit of a relief that .... if theyre not so bad, and better than an audi from new, then nothing to worry about i hope

·
Registered
147 Posts
In my case the loudest rattle seems to be coming from the seat belt adjusters. Depends on the road surface of course. In addition, I've noticed some intermittent noises from the center console and maybe from the driver's door. This is more frequent when the car is pretty much frozen (the nights are quite cold at the moment; -15-20 C). IMO, the car is otherwise so quiet that every rattle gets into your ear

1 - 20 of 25 Posts