Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the imminent delivery of my A250e I'm curious to know what companies you've used for your charging point and install?

Any preferred options or perks with using specific companies?

·
Registered
257 Posts
I haven't had one installed yet - but I am in talks with my electric supplier (Bulb) to trial their new charger and tariff which they would supply&fit for free :cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow that seems good. My energy tariff with my current provider is coming to an end so I'll definitely look into that!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I opted for Pod Point in the end, had it fitted on Friday. So much better than using the 3 pin. Now I get a full charge in just over 2 hrs :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
What’s your full charge showing as in miles available?
ive only gone with the Bp ChargeMaster because of the free promotion Mercedes are doing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What’s your full charge showing as in miles available?
ive only gone with the Bp ChargeMaster because of the free promotion Mercedes are doing.
Varies but yesterday after a full charge it was showing 48 miles. In reality I got about 39 from it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wonder why mine only shows 31.7?
It will take a few weeks until it learns your driving habits. I started at around 30 range and after two weeks am at 40. The outside temperature also effects the range. If I check my range first thing in the morning when its 6c the range is significantly less than if I check it again when it's around 11c.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It will take a few weeks until it learns your driving habits. I started at around 30 range and after two weeks am at 40. The outside temperature also effects the range. If I check my range first thing in the morning when its 6c the range is significantly less than if I check it again when it's around 11c.
Thanks for that, ill keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just ha da Pod Point installed for my wife's A250e but there's no timing option. IF I set departure time in the MercedesMe app the car still charges immediately - seems departure time is only for pre-entry climate control.

I want to charge after midnight when my cheap tariff kicks-in - has anyone managed to do this?

·
Registered
A250e AMG premium Saloon
31 Posts
Just ha da Pod Point installed for my wife's A250e but there's no timing option. IF I set departure time in the MercedesMe app the car still charges immediately - seems departure time is only for pre-entry climate control.

I want to charge after midnight when my cheap tariff kicks-in - has anyone managed to do this?
Only way to do this is with either a charger with built in intelligence/timer function or with an external control relay/timer. I did the second option, as I quickly worked out like you that the departure time only refers to the climate control. As soon as you connect the charger to the car it starts charging, so the only way is to have some sort of timer to control the charger power.

You can still do this but you'll need a hefty 32A relay and a simple timer.

·
Super Moderator
3,331 Posts
Yep. Zappi2 provides scheduling and timer functionality, or, with a wall charger that doesn’t have any timers - a 32A timer/relay/contactor installed by your electrician will do the same job.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Apparently when you go into the EQ menu on your car, there should be an option where you can set a schedule to charge the car between certain times (NOT the climate control).

I don't have it, bought the car brand new last Saturday. Do you guys?

Also, what range are you guys getting on average? I'm around 32miles on 100% at the moment... pretty low and frustrating.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Apparently when you go into the EQ menu on your car, there should be an option where you can set a schedule to charge the car between certain times (NOT the climate control).

Also, what range are you guys getting on average? I'm around 32miles on 100% at the moment... pretty low and frustrating.
I have been driving mine in Electric mode last couple of days instead of Comfort with the brake regen set at 1- and have seen a slight increase in my numbers from 31/32 upto 34/36 and this is doing the same commute everyday. I think during the winter months early 30's is where its at, Spring summer should see an increase in mileage per charge.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You will not see 50-60 miles in the summer. That would put it at an efficiency better than Tesla & Kia (who make the most efficient EV's currently).

·
Registered
A250e AMG premium Saloon
31 Posts

I don't see any such option on mine ?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't see any such option on mine ?
Neither do I. Is this when you're plugged in to the wall box, 3 pin socket or neither?

The guy at the Mercedes Benz dealership sent me a video showing it was on his A250e in the showroom, so I'm wondering why mine doesn't.

Hopefully the BP Chargemaster allows you to schedule a charge?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts