Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi all. Has anybody have successfully programmed any charger to charge during low peak hours? I have read somewhere we need to set the time from the car itself too, in addition setting at the charger? Can anybody advise how to do that? Thanks. I am thinking to install pod-point home charger.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi all. Has anybody have successfully programmed any charger to charge during low peak hours? I have read somewhere we need to set the time from the car itself too, in addition setting at the charger? Can anybody advise how to do that? Thanks. I am thinking to install pod-point home charger.
You only do it through the charger. There is no option through the car/MMe app to schedule charges.

·
Registered
A250e Sedan
6 Posts
I have a Wallbox Pulsar Plus which is a fantastic unit, looks great and is quite small so doesn't look too offensive on the side of the house. I set mine for 00:01 - 04:30 although the actual time to charge is around 1hr 45mins (7.2kw). There is no option to set schedule from the car, that's only on the fully electric models.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm been using ubitricity lampost charges for a while now and been getting a good 5.4kw + out of them. Since the weather has warmed up it starts off OK but then changes to 1.4kw. Has anyone else had this experience?

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
61 Posts
Just had a hypervolt 2.0 charger installed by a company called elecology. Both highly recommended. Only small issue was that I needed a wifi range extender so the charger could pick up the wifi signal. Once that was done setup with the app was completed in seconds, charge scheduling works perfectly. Charging at 7.5kw.

Installer commented that the unit was great quality, easy to install and customer service from hypervolt to get the final installation setup done was excellent.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a BP CM - switched to octopus October last year and still haven't been able to switch to their EV tarrif. I have a smart meter but they claim it isn't connecting and haven't been allowed to send engineer due to covid!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had my BP charger replaced today under warranty due to the scheduling not working as expected, another 2 week wait for access to it via the app…

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had my BP charger replaced today under warranty due to the scheduling not working as expected, another 2 week wait for access to it via the app…
Haven't even got as far as trying the schedule on app as my tarrif isnt cheaper at night yet, 9 months later!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts