Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at run in/break in periods for my imminent a250e. General consensus is 1000k at 3/4 revs or some slight variation on this...but how does this apply to the phev a250e? It may take me a year to do 1k miles on the combustion engine as the electric will be doing most of my miles

Can anyone shed any light on any advice from dealers etc regarding the engine break in for the 250e?

·
Registered
41 Posts
There's no specific advice I've had from MB for mine!

I've taken a look in the PHEV supplement manual and there's nothing extra, so I assume the standard running-in over 1,500km applies. I think it applies to the rest of the drivetrain, suspension, brakes, tires etc as much as the engine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Got the car yesterday and can't find anything either.

Will just be sympathetic for a while..not that I hoon around with 2 kids under 4 in the back anyway!

Appreciate the help

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for that. Got the car yesterday and can't find anything either.

Will just be sympathetic for a while..not that I hoon around with 2 kids under 4 in the back anyway!

Appreciate the help
All I can add is what i've experienced so far :).

I do a lot of driving for work, most of my trips are >120 miles return, so I'm definitely using the engine on those trips - even if I can charge along the way or at my destination. If I set the MBUX to navigate for a longer trip, it is good at using electric where better to do so and swapping to the engine while having minimum impact e.g. cruising on the motorway for the 60mi segment and saving electric for the city driving. So I do think it's getting the engine broken in too!

I do find first thing in the morning, the consumption is quite a bit higher starting from cold until temperatures are up.

Pre-conditioning is a really good feature (only needs 10mins to get up to temp), especially if you've got to take kids somewhere in the morning!

Enjoy the new car.

·
Registered
159 Posts

This is on the A35, not sure if its similiar to other A class Engines?

·
Registered
132 Posts
A35 is a lot more highly strung than the 165bhp 1.3T which is fitted to various Mercedes, Nissan & Renaults.

If there is nothing specifically stated then it doesn't require anything special. Just enjoy it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts