Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

A35 Brales

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, a few questions.

1. Am I correct in saying that the a35 amg shares its calipers, pads, and disks with the w176 a45 amg?. Asking due to the fact there seems to be next to no aftermarket pads for the A35 atm. and i fancy changing the pads and brake lines.

2. If they share components, can I just put "w176 a45" aftermarket pads into my a35 calipers?

3. How do fellow a35 owners feel about their brakes. To be honest they underwhelmed me. My old A3 seemed to bite harder and stop faster, maybe this is a harder compound for a longer life span? anyway

Cheers for the answers and interaction, Jacques

Please see below a photo of my front caliper. Circled is the pad. The shape looks slightly different from W176 A45. Thanks:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The front callipers are not the same between W177 A35 and W176 A45.
The disc however is the same size.
Ah, I see where the confusion lies. Thanks for clearing this up. Any idea where I can get uprated pads? I don't believe companies like Brembo or yellow stuff have delivered anything yet

·
Super Moderator
3,216 Posts
Not too sure why you feed the A3's brakes are better.

VW Group brake pedal feel is notorious for everything in the first 2cm, very little after that pedal travel.

In all my time with the previous A45, and the current A35, the car does stop when you want it to, 4 pot Brembo calipers up front. It has much better pedal feel than the VW Group brake pedals, in the sense that is far more progressive, and you can modulate it well to just the point before the ABS comes in.

Did you buy your A35 new? Have you been on the complimentary AMG Driving Experience, where you get to explore all of this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not too sure why you feed the A3's brakes are better.

VW Group brake pedal feel is notorious for everything in the first 2cm, very little after that pedal travel.

In all my time with the previous A45, and the current A35, the car does stop when you want it to, 4 pot Brembo calipers up front. It has much better pedal feel than the VW Group brake pedals, in the sense that is far more progressive, and you can modulate it well to just the point before the ABS comes in.

Did you buy your A35 new? Have you been on the complimentary AMG Driving Experience, where you get to explore all of this?
Yes new, and no I have not! Thats something I will look into ASAP:) sounds like fun 😎

Thanks reminding me off this

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Can't honestly say I'm unhappy with the performance of the brakes on my A35, but then I haven't tracked it so I'm probably not pushing it that hard. I had the squeely brake noise early on, but that cleared after a few days and it's been fine since.

·
Super Moderator
3,216 Posts
Yes, both W176 A45 and W177 A35 have 350mm diameter discs, and W176 A45 is 32mm width and W177 A35 is 34mm.

The motoring press at launch frequently quoted the “A35 has the same brakes as the previous A45” but in reality only the front disc diameter is the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts