Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any problem with their A35 AMG rear differential failing. It seems to be a common issue but i cant find it anywhere on the internet only after chatting to other A35 amg owners. 1 failed at about 60.000KM and the other one at 25.000KM.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey, what social media platform are you seeing this reported on?

OK quite a few reports now on social media about diffs being replaced under warranty.

Symptoms:

Wheelspin
or
“4Matic Inoperative” messages

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just thought I would resurrect this thread to make fellow members aware of this issue happening to me. For a little while now, I've had the "4matic inoperative" message pop up on the dash, with the car going into front wheel drive mode only. Today, the car was inspected by Mercedes and they found the rear differential to be at fault. My car is two years old, with only 9,000 miles and as a car enthusiast, I have always looked after it.

I've never even used the launch control function. A little disconcerting for such a major failiure to occur on such a young vehicle.

·
Premium Member
A35 Premium Plus
138 Posts
The list of faults to look out for on the A35 seems to be getting bigger by the day, only had mine 5 weeks. Doesn’t fill me with confidence 😳

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is a MY21 with 15k kms for 9 months, everything still good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The a35 does seem to get a lot of bad press for rattles, mechanical issues and general problems but as mentioned my 19” car with 16k miles has been fine so far.. Only issue was an intermittent fault with the drivers heated seat which is working again for the time being. Will get this booked in for the future. Otherwise my biggest gripe is the ride comfort (19” wheels ). My car doesn’t have ride control which I assume would Make a difference. Overall great cars tbf, mine doesn’t have pan roof or electric seats (premium spec) so is marginally lighter than cars with those options - and as such feels pretty quick and nimble.. I think being a 40+k car ppl want the highest quality materials etc.. but it’s still an entry level Mercedes - albeit an amg. If u went that, go down the Porsche route. My prev one was top quality throughout

1 - 12 of 12 Posts