Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if there are aftermarket discs or pads yet for the A35 such as Brembo etc? I am looking for something that is better than the standard ones as they are known to be faulty and already having had a warranty replacement at 6k miles (I knew from 2k but had to wait ages for parts) the replacement set have started vibrating under breaking after only 4k miles and its basically all been motorway miles and id like to get something I can trust instead of the OEM especially if they refuse another warranty replacement.

I also think adaptive cruise control may be to fault for the brakes getting damaged but I cant prove that :)

·
Registered
811 Posts
My oh my, you haven't had very good luck with your brakes @squawk80

Given you are on a second set of brake discs and pads, I would think there is something else causing the problem. Not sure, what but you'd have to be exceptionally unlucky to have had 2 sets of faulty rotors. Other than squeaky brakes, I haven't heard anyone else on here having major problems with their cars brakes.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am looking for something that is better than the standard ones as they are known to be faulty and already having had a warranty replacement at 6k miles (I knew from 2k but had to wait ages for parts)
Are they actually "known" to be faulty or is this based on your isolated experience?

Cooking a set of brakes in only 2000 miles, in a relatively small 300BHP hatchback takes some serious doing.

Especially since the first 1000 miles I'm assuming you didn't take the engine above 4000RPM as stated in the vehicle manual...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check posts all over these forums with users saying dealers gave them warranty replacements without even checking or testing due to squeaky brakes or vibration, the original A35's shipped 100% had faulty brakes and even Mercedes world for the free amg experience had their A35's out of commission due to no brake pads! No I didn't go over 4000 rpm for the first 1000 miles and then gradually increased revs after that, I used to track my old A250 and never warped the disc's (did wear out pads but that's expected) my A35 seems to be warping the discs from normal driving which is a massive concern as I do around 12,000 miles a year I cant afford to replace pads and disc's every 6k!

·
Registered
483 Posts
My A35 is a March 2019 build at 11500 miles with not so much as a single squeak from the brakes, so claiming that 100% of original A35's shipped with the fault is something of a stretch.

I don't doubt that you and others have had brake problems for whatever reason, but it doesn't pay to undermine the credibility of a genuine issue with exaggeration, inaccuracy or unsubstantiated claims.

The presentation of a flawed claim to MB UK regarding active lane assist left the complaint open to a simple rebuttal.

As you may be aware many owners of your new A Class W177 are unhappy that the Active Lane Assist feature is permanently ON rather than being selectable.

Thank you for your inquiry. Lane assist is selectable, but defaults to on when the vehicle is powered up.

That is how the complaint could have been duly responded to as it was presented. An observation that was not particularly well received when it was pointed out. However, as was iterated at the time, nice is not necessarily helpful and help is not necessarily nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Source to back up your claim that 100% of early A35s had faulty brakes? This is quite a big issue I've not seen documented anywhere online.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine do squeal on occasion, but its somewhat expected on such beefy brake setups. Heck the front discs are even larger than on my 911
o_O

·
Registered
5 Posts
My A35 was Exeter Mercedes demo car, I test drove it it mid feb 2019, they sold it to me and I made collection on March 3rd. I’ve not had any brake issues other than occasionally sticking when parked up overnight with wet discs.
Ive had problems with the reversing camera a couple of times but otherwise no problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts