Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
W177 A35 Sun Yellow Prem Plus w/ Aero Kit, Driving Assist, HUD, AMG Ride Control. Prev. W177 A200
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Ive had my A35 3 months now and whilst the pops and bangs are amazing, I wish it had a more aggressive general exhaust note, especially when being revved.

Has anyone had the exhaust modified, if so what route did you take? I want to retain some level of peace in comfort mode.

MSL have suggested a decat and opf delete, but not too sure about that really as I’d have to take it to them for every MOT. I saw Deutsche tech did a custom downpipe and pop and bang remap on one which sounded good.

Are pop and bang maps a good idea? Anyone tried the usual akrapovic, scorpion, milltek etc? I’ve seen some videos of these online and can’t say any particularly amazed me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am having a cobra sport back box delete at the end of July to try and get the same thing , did not want to go down gpf delete or decat as would have to have a remap for that and mot

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
A35 AMG
81 Posts
I am having a cobra sport back box delete at the end of July to try and get the same thing , did not want to go down gpf delete or decat as would have to have a remap for that and mot

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
Please post a video once you get it end of next month :alien:

Reactions: ipd56

·
Registered
A35 AMG
81 Posts

·
Registered
2021 AMG A45 S Plus, Sun Yellow, DTUK 470 PS, Akrapovic Evolution in Ti
167 Posts
I have the Akra on mine but retained OEM downpipe/GPF/cats.

It's noticeably louder than stock and makes a lovely noise on startup and idle. Under load its quite a step up and probably enough for me :)

I wouldn't consider changing the downpipe for noise reasons alone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts