Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1yr old a35 has just had its first service done at ATS. I paid for premium mobil1 oil. After leaving with my car I realised on the invoice ow30 oil was used not ow20 which is what MB recommends (229.71). Is this still ok for my car? Or should I get back in touch with ATS for a change of oil?
Don鈥檛 wanna get in bother from my finance company or cause damage to the car 馃槵
Thanks for any help in advance!

Registered
It will not damage your car. 0W-20 is designed to lower fuel consumption, but from a protection point of view 0W-30 should actually be better. I think in the MB dealership they'd use 0W-20, but is a bit more difficult to get from 3rd parties at the moment.

Super Moderator
229.71 is mentioned because that鈥檚 what they use for the WLTP as it鈥檚 the lowest friction oil designed to give the max mpg for the numbers :)

229.52 is also acceptable and approved, the only downside is that you may not get the advertised mpg, but as it鈥檚 an A35 you won鈥檛 really care!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
229.71 is mentioned because that鈥檚 what they use for the WLTP as it鈥檚 the lowest friction oil designed to give the max mpg for the numbers :)

229.52 is also acceptable and approved, the only downside is that you may not get the advertised mpg, but as it鈥檚 an A35 you won鈥檛 really care!
Aslong as I still get my pops and bangs, I鈥檓 a happy lad! 馃槀

Registered
2020 A35 AMG
You might get a pop and a bang from the gearbox if you carry on getting it serviced at anywhere other than MB 馃ぃ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might get a pop and a bang from the gearbox if you carry on getting it serviced at anywhere other than MB 馃ぃ
I鈥檝e just got my car back from my local Leeds dealer after they kept it for just over 2 months diagnosing a centre vent issue, and they still haven鈥檛 solved it!
Won鈥檛 be risking giving them the car again

Super Moderator
I鈥檝e just got my car back from my local Leeds dealer after they kept it for just over 2 months diagnosing a centre vent issue, and they still haven鈥檛 solved it!
Won鈥檛 be risking giving them the car again
And what's the mileage now to when you took it in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts