Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Maybe I missed it but doesn’t mention anything about rectifying the brake squeal? Is this something other 35 owners have experienced and would it be worth having MB look at this and most likely fob me off..

Also the centre caps seem to be getting corroded, is this something warranty would cover?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
to add to the brake issue. I can also hear a slight clicking noise front the front wheels - sounds like somethings lightly catching, is it likely this is related to the brake or maybe a bearing issue?
also if it turns out a stone chip damaged the air con unit - are mb likely to charge me for diagnosing the issue ( cars under warranty )

·
Super Moderator
4,007 Posts
Maybe I missed it but doesn’t mention anything about rectifying the brake squeal? Is this something other 35 owners have experienced and would it be worth having MB look at this and most likely fob me off..
Yes you have missed it.

Click on that link in post #20 and try out the braking procedure outlined in there first to see if it gets rid of your brake squeal.

Most people that have carried out the braking procedure have eliminated or reduced the brake squeal at low speeds.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I’ve tried the hard braking procedure a few times. It does reduce the noise but a few days later it’s back.. not sure if new discs / pads would rectify this..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Booked the car in at Mercedes who refused to
Give me a courtesy car as it wasn’t purchased through them, also mentioned if the faults aren’t covered by warranty there will be a £99 diagnosis charge.. would it be likely that they’ll try charge me if the ac failure is due to a stone chip.. typical crap customer service

21 - 25 of 25 Posts