1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
537 Posts
If I can motivate myself. I'm lazy and have posted a fair bit about tyres here, where I guess most people who care will read my two penn'th. Better than not bothering at all … ish. I've not done much mileage on my Dunlop RT2's yet, but am preferring them to the Conti 6's.

Small point of irony, the British Dunlops are made in Germany.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go on @Southwestwall motivate yourself. You post insightful and useful stuff on this forum all the time. I’m sure you can find 5 mins to share your thoughts on the two tyre types you’ve had on your A35 on TyreReviews...

·
Registered
74 Posts
If Michelin PS4S are available, I would fit them in a heartbeat. They have proven to be the absolute best performance tyre I've used in the past 22 years of driving. Superb traction in the wet and dry, strong sidewall and very good wear.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
If Michelin PS4S are available, I would fit them in a heartbeat. They have proven to be the absolute best performance tyre I've used in the past 22 years of driving. Superb traction in the wet and dry, strong sidewall and very good wear.
They are good but quite soft compared to Contis. Which surprised me when I swapped to them from the Conti 5. Nobody had pre warned me. The SP4s also wear a lot better than the Contis. Around 7.5k miles on the front of my previous A45 compared to 5k.

·
Registered
74 Posts
They are good but quite soft compared to Contis. Which surprised me when I swapped to them from the Conti 5. Nobody had pre warned me. The SP4s also wear a lot better than the Contis. Around 7.5k miles on the front of my previous A45 compared to 5k.
I think that you need to strike a balance betwen soft and hard compounds for such a high performance tyre, such that you get superior grip, especially when pushing hard. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyre abusolutely smashes the competitors in many professional tyre reviews. Hence, why you will find that this is the tyre of choice ony many high performance sports and supercars.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I think that you need to strike a balance betwen soft and hard compounds for such a high performance tyre, such that you get superior grip, especially when pushing hard. The Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyre abusolutely smashes the competitors in many professional tyre reviews. Hence, why you will find that this is the tyre of choice ony many high performance sports and supercars.
I am certainly okay about they being on my A45s.

This tyre review is worth a look which was posted before elsewhere on the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts