Registered
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ive seen quite a few drag race videos between the A35, Golf R, S3 and M135i and they all have different results. Just goes to show there is nothing between these 300bhp hatches. Performance just isn’t the differentiating factor...

·
Registered
549 Posts
The amount of ballast carried appears to make a difference well, particularly when the car specs are almost identical. YouTuber Yianni consistently loses drag races in his A35 for some strange reason.

Rosan Kobar … size of an elephant!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think it also depends on the car. I've been speaking to various tuners about the 35 engine and the message seems to be they're all putting out more power than claimed, but not a fixed amount.
DMS have said they've seen between 315 and 335 bhp stock, before any map applied. I'm guessing this also has a knock-on affect in regards torque too (?).

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think it also depends on the car. I've been speaking to various tuners about the 35 engine and the message seems to be they're all putting out more power than claimed, but not a fixed amount.
DMS have said they've seen between 315 and 335 bhp stock, before any map applied. I'm guessing this also has a knock-on affect in regards torque too (?).
Interesting... I’ve always thought my little pocket rocket felt fast, particularly when comparing against my previous car which on paper had more power and loads more torque. Although that was a much heavier SUV.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’m not sure about that, unless the other ‘competitors’ are doing the same.

Always seems to loose in the in gear rolling tests.

Either way it’s the one out of 3 or 4 I prefer. Also has the best interior.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts