Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rory seems to be one of the few automotive journalists who doesn't **** on the A35 for daring to have the AMG name and/or not being a Golf R.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Good video thanks for posting. Was considering a track day this year either at Castle Combe, Thruxton or Goodwood but obviously overtaken by events. On the road have had the brakes come on along with the seat belts tightening up on several occasions. At times not sure why they did. About brake pads, I don't think I would be pushing hard enough to do them that amount of damage. Wonder if the A45, which is more of a track car has the same issues. As a PS it does look good in red!

·
3,312 Posts
Did I miss it. Why no drag race just a 0-62-0.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Did I miss it. Why no drag race just a 0-62-0.
Presumably it's because they've only got one tamed racing driver and not much space. I thought the motorkhana tests were much more enlightening, especially since they show how much better the A35 is. :)

It would be interesting to see a comparison vs. a Golf R since that was the benchmark for so long.

·
3,312 Posts
Drag race was the wrong term. A 0-62 sprint comparison would have been good ie individual runs.

As long as any new Golf R is not comprehensively quicker than the A35 it seems a no brainier to go with the MB badge. While an S3 is the natural competitor I am disappointed by the cost cutting which has happened to it. So we’ll need to see how the performance offshoots turn out.

·
3,312 Posts
Good result for the A35. Even faster than the 2015 A45. That's progress.

·
Registered
2020 A35 AMG
62 Posts
I always find these rolling race/ drag race things a bit daft. Personally I wish they’d just stop doing them because there are so many variables in what the outcome will be.

·
3,312 Posts
I'm surprised how well the S3 did. It probably foretells that the A45s will have a lot to worry about from the new RS3.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
61 - 79 of 79 Posts