Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just picked up my A35 today and took it home and when I got into it to start adjusting the car settings it started making a weird sound. It came from the Sos/Mercedes Me button area, i’ll post a link to the video on Youtube. Honestly iv got no idea what it is, bare in mind the engine is off.

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
Take it back.

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take it back.

Lmao, another fault. I returned my A220 due to a AC/Gearbox and ECU problem which meant they all needed replacing. Fingers crossed this ones simple from the thread it only sounded like a fan so it shouldn’t be too bad

·
Registered
854 Posts
Hi guys I just picked up my A35 today and took it home and when I got into it to start adjusting the car settings it started making a weird sound. It came from the Sos/Mercedes Me button area, i’ll post a link to the video on Youtube. Honestly iv got no idea what it is, bare in mind the engine is off.

Sounds like a pigeon roosting, have you checked for that 🤣

·
Registered
38 Posts

Interesting; I have the same issue with a similar noise (sort of a rustling, burring) from the lights/SOS/roof control panel. I am trying to narrow it down but so far it only seems to be evident when I first get in the car and don't start anything up so I was wondering if it is anything to do with the LED lights in the panel. If I press the light part of the panel it does change tone and sometimes stop but when I let go it starts again.

I'm going to disable the interior lights next and see if that changes anything.

A220. Do you have the sunroof? I do and was also wondering if was anything to do with that switch or the sun blind motor?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Same it has only recently started had the car for over a year. It sounds like an old timer which you twist. Anyone have any ideas what it is, seems to go once I start driving and only seems to appear when the car has sat unused over night?

·
Registered
A35, Black Premium
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting; I have the same issue with a similar noise (sort of a rustling, burring) from the lights/SOS/roof control panel. I am trying to narrow it down but so far it only seems to be evident when I first get in the car and don't start anything up so I was wondering if it is anything to do with the LED lights in the panel. If I press the light part of the panel it does change tone and sometimes stop but when I let go it starts again.

I'm going to disable the interior lights next and see if that changes anything.

A220. Do you have the sunroof? I do and was also wondering if was anything to do with that switch or the sun blind motor?
I don’t have the sunroof, I have a premium spec

1 - 8 of 8 Posts