Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Just quick one if get genuine a45 alloys 19" with tyre size 235/35r19 will these fit A220 cdi? Because someone has confused me saying they will rub as your tyre size is 225 on 18"Edited by: Vinayk

·
Registered
743 Posts
Should be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
No they won't mate Unfortunately due to size of wheel arch a45 A250 have larger wheel arch tried it on my a220 fl

·
Registered
743 Posts
There are a good few fake A45's out there running 19's, and would be very surprised is MB fitted different arch liners to different models in the range.

In addition the lower 19 tyre profile probably means the overall diameter compared to the 18 wheel is very small.

·
Registered
743 Posts
https://flic.kr/p/2143r4h

A180 running 19's.

You could potentially get a litttle rub on the inner plastic arch on full lock but that could easily be remedied by remoulding it a little using a hot air gun, old trick from my lowering days!Edited by: Abx

·
Registered
743 Posts
My standard width tyres sit quite narrow on the rim so I'd not want to stretch myself.

Anyone local to you with an A45 that will let you bolt one on?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dutch_A said:
Abx said:
Should be fine.
I totally agree. The OEM AMG 19" Alloy's come with 8J / ET48 and there is no problem to get 235/35/R19 MO.
So does that mean I get OEM amg 19" to be fine on my A220 cdi then with the tyre size 235/35

·
Registered
10 Posts

The rears are perfect, it has enough clearance to tuck under the arch if I have passengers.

The front I would of preferred to have gone for either a 8" width or offset ET49 or above.

Im sure if you run 30mm H&R you will be fine. I went for the 40mm drop so I may have issue with tyre touching the arch if I hit a bump at speed.
So far driving for the past few days, no rubbing issues on the arches. I normally drive slow over speed bumps anyway. I'm sure if I was to drive over a bump at speed, it will clip the arch.

I love the look of the drop. The handling is super, especially with the Falkin tyres.

What wheels were you going for? Can't wait to see some pics
Edited by: DeeW176

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks brilliant!
Thanks for the update and not sure yet after some black multi-spoke wheels with a slight concave look to them but would have to have a red outer lip to match the accents on my car.
This is what mine looks like...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BeOtTGnFIG5/?taken-by=z41n.20

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would prefer to use the 19” A45 wheel,taking into account the extra width of around 10mm made up by the wider wheel and lower ET these should fill the arches quite nicely sitting on standard suspension and with the 35 profile tyre the rolling circumference will be very similar to the standard 18” set up. However if they do indeed run the front I quite like the Wolfrace Munich wheel, very similar to the A45 wheel but available in 18”, I just can’t find the correct ET but I’m sure they are out there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would prefer to use the 19” A45 wheel,taking into account the extra width of around 10mm made up by the wider wheel and lower ET these should fill the arches quite nicely sitting on standard suspension and with the 35 profile tyre the rolling circumference will be very similar to the standard 18” set up. However if they do indeed rub the front I quite like the Wolfrace Munich wheel, very similar to the A45 wheel but available in 18”, I just can’t find the correct ET but I’m sure they are out there.
I

1 - 18 of 18 Posts