Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I am thinking for a long time about improving my car.
I would like to get some advices what to start with.
Car is model 2018 Facelift , stock. around 37,000 KM .
I can say the engine of the A45 is warming up too fast and can get up to 105 C temprature and I think it's too much for it. what do you guys think ? should I start with the intercooler?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Most views will be bots.

Mine warms up quite fast but does not breach 100 degC in normal driving.

Upgrades I love are induction kit for the induction noise and turbo whistle. Also the forge dump valve, it only vents when pushing on.

I have also fitted a carbon wing and door mirrors which look awesome.
The obvious remap too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello @LeeH
Thank you for replying.

I want to sharpen the point I was talking about, the temperature that heats up in the vehicle and reaches quite quickly to 105 degrees is the heat of the engine oil itself. And not the engine. Is that okay? And how much can it reach the maximum without causing damage?

Regarding the improvements.

I replaced the mirror covers with carbon, put a rear spoiler and a glossy black diffuser, came out stunning.

Is it worth replacing the gray plastic of the steering wheel with carbon as well? Undecided.

Regarding the noise isolation you talked about, can you get a little more detailed explanation? I did not understand.

and last thing , about the "Also the forge dump valve, it only vents when pushing on. " I would like to get more infomration about the meaning of it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure where I mentioned noise isolation.

The dump valve only vents to atmosphere under reasonably hard acceleration. So under normal driving you will not here the venting noise.

105 oil temperature is normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Most views will be bots.

Mine warms up quite fast but does not breach 100 degC in normal driving.

Upgrades I love are induction kit for the induction noise and turbo whistle. Also the forge dump valve, it only vents when pushing on.

I have also fitted a carbon wing and door mirrors which look awesome.
The obvious remap too.

Im thinking to order this mishimoto intake. Question is if it can fit my A45 model 2018 381bhp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts