Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally received confirmation of my A45 AMG order. The build date is August with delivery in September on a 63-plate and a final spec freeze of early July.</font>

</font><hr>
162 - South Sea Blue
187 - 19" AMG wheels matt black
U21 - AMG Performance Exhaust
P49 - Mirror package
218 - Reversing camera
875 - Heated windscreen wash system
413 - Panoramic sliding sunroof
400 - Rear armrest with twin cupholder
<hr>

</font>
Edited by: IAMG

·
Registered
297 Posts
That's boss man! Good work! Congratulations on being one of the first A45 owners, must be a killer excitement. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
WOW!!
This is the car to get, unfortunately i can only afford the A250...but seeing as the A45 AMG is based on the A250 engine i think once warranty is out ill be fiddling around with a bigger turbo, downpipe, and software...should see it in the 200kw region...

Will need stronger internals to get it to 265 like the A45

Congrats!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Loevess said:
That's boss man! Good work! Congratulations on being one of the first A45 owners, must be a killer excitement. :D
Mine A45 AMG is comming first decade of july, delivery 20. of july :). It will be from the first batch from what i know

·
Registered
237 Posts
My Dealer contacted me recently and when I indicated I was not looking to place an order he immediately went into "what can we do to change your mind mode" and even went as far as to offer a 5% discount which surprised me to be honest as was not expecting anything like that.

Just proves discounts are available if you don't appear too eager and the fast track deliveries are suggesting they have lots of available capacity to supplies the AMG cars quickly, so can only assume they are offering good discounts to early orders just to get production allocations and cars into the country.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, thanks - I'm stoked to be honest and looking forward to getting my hands on one.
I'm hoping my dealer will have one to test drive in the next few weeks and we'll be finalising pricing soon - no word on a discount yet, but it's certainly on the agenda to chat about with them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Petramg - good news you're getting your car soon, just a shame your steering wheel will bein the wrong place.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just spoke to you on another thread IAMG but didn't realise you've got an A45 on order! Congratulations mate and hope the wait doesn't seem too long!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cheers Anzz! I'm hoping the next few months fly by andhopefully there will be some positive road test reviews posted soon- so I can live vicariously through those.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discounts are there to be had Guys so don't be push overs when it comes to Dealer price talks.

My Dealer contacted me again last night - really pushing hard now - offered 6.5% discount, guaranteed top px price and free gap insurance (which I did indicate I wanted anyway) so that is tempting.

With no reviews yet though think the prudent thing is to hold out for those and actually test drive a car - £40k total blind buy is a bit risky and we don't know for sure yet how the residuals will be with this car - could be sky high or bomb.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Snake Pliskin said:
£40k total blind buy is a bit risky
Nobody ever driven A45 AMG, but I believe that AMG knows what to do ;-). I will be very dissapoited if reviews will be good and I have to wait few months :(.

So I ordered it few weeks ago and spoke to salesman yesterday and he said that car will be available between 13-20.07.2013
. Hope he isn't wrong

·
Registered
237 Posts
To be fair, I am also confident the car will be superb to drive too ... being AMG !

I would just want to make sure its not over firm for UK roads and that its not too boomy on the motorway - I like the idea of enhanced sound for acceleration or when I want to hear it, but on the motorway I don't want it.

Plus I just have a little concern over those seats and want to be sure they are comfortable enough.
The brochure says that lumbar is not available on the AMG seats which suggests they are not as padded as the regular seats - am sure again they should be ok but want to be sure.

Ordered a Civic Type R "blind" in 2007 and the seats that came with that were not very comfortable so had this experience before - once bitten and all that !

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am extremely tempted.... The A45 looks really cool & love the blue with the black wheels ... even more tempted, especially hearing there are discounts to be had. Trouble is I need to get rid of my A250 without losing too much money!

·
Registered
237 Posts
kevybabes said:
I am extremely tempted.... The A45 looks really cool & love the blue with the black wheels ... even more tempted, especially hearing there are discounts to be had. Trouble is I need to get rid of my A250 without losing too much money!

Merc for Merc - you should be able to get a great deal mate.

They would sell on your car no problem I am sure.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts