Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with the production of the A45 aluminium arch guards, I am pleased to say that I have received the first batch today from manufacturing!

This first batch has an anodised satin black finish, manufactured in AW5083 'marine' grade aluminium.

I will test fit them over the weekend, and if I am 100% satisfied then I will begin shipping orders next week. Fitment is pefect!

Each set contains a pair of arch guards, adhesive tape, alcohol wipes, and retaining clips (temporary whilst tape bonds)

For forum members I'm offering these sets at £40 including 1st class recorded P&P, please PM me your name/address and i will send you payment (paypal) details.

Forum moderators.. If this violates any 'vendor' policy please let me know, this is not my job, this is a 'one off' to fill a need I had for aluminium arch guards like many other members.

Update 08/11/2020

I can now confirm these are also known to fit the W177 CLA45, and W177 A35** as well as the W177 A45 and A45S

**modification required

Update 27/11/2020

I have had feedback that the A35 fitment is tight and whilst can be made to fit does put more stress on the tape holding it, so I advise making an additional hole (pics to follow soon) when fitting for an A35. I hope to incorporate the hole to comfortably fit both A45 and A35 in a future revision.

Cheers,
John

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi John

Great work - sure you’ll have plenty of orders!

Would be interested to know if these would fit CLA 45s plus... hoping to take delivery of mine shortly

·
Registered
CLA 45S
234 Posts
I'd like to know if they fit the CLA45 as well, maybe we can work something out for a test fitment. :)
I’d also be interested to see if they fit a CLA. I could do test fit for you depending on where you’re based?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with the production of the A45 aluminium arch guards, I am pleased to say that I have received the first batch today from manufacturing!

This first batch has an anodised satin black finish, manufactured in AW5083 'marine' grade aluminium.

I will test fit them over the weekend, and if I am 100% satisfied then I will begin shipping orders next week.

Each set contains a pair of arch guards, adhesive tape, alcohol wipes, and retaining clips (temporary whilst tape bonds)

For forum members I'm offering these sets at £40 including 1st class recorded P&P, please PM me your name/address and i will send you payment (paypal) details when I'm ready to dispatch orders.

Forum moderators.. If this violates any 'vendor' policy please let me know, this is not my job, this is a 'one off' to fill a need I had for aluminium arch guards like many other members.

Cheers,
John

View attachment 6507
Any chance of getting hold of just the plastic ones?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Thanks John, sounds good. Let us know how the trial fit goes and I’ll sort payment. 👍🏻

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All,

Test fitted this weekend and I can confirm the fitment is perfect 😁

I will reply to everyone who has PM'd me, and I will dispatch the first set of orders on Friday.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any chance of getting hold of just the plastic ones?
Hi, let me see if I have any plastic sheet left to make a set and I will PM you. The plastic ones are functional but do scratch easily :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi, let me see if I have any plastic sheet left to make a set and I will PM you. The plastic ones are functional but do scratch easily :(
Just sent you a PM John as I've changed my mind on the plastic ones and have decided to go for the aluminium instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I will test fit them over the weekend, and if I am 100% satisfied then I will begin shipping orders next week. Fitment is pefect!

For forum members I'm offering these sets at £40 including 1st class recorded P&P, please PM me your name/address and i will send you payment (paypal) details.

Cheers,
John

View attachment 6523
Do these fit the a35?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts