Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yep, can't say for sure without testing as the A45 does have a wider front arch than the A35 馃槓

Registered
My kit arrived this morning, really well thought out and presented, even little 3D printed clips to temporarily hold till vhb tape does it thing, just need a dry day to fit, thanks @Marveh for taking this project on for us

Registered
CLA 45S
I can confirm they do fit a CLA45s! Finally got a break in the weather long enough to get my kit fitted. I've also taken some pictures of the process.

Step 1:
Clean the surfaces, use an alcohol wipe to clean the painted edge of the wheel arch as this is where you'll be applying the tape.
IMG_5545.JPG

Step 2:
Remove both bottom trim clips using a trim remover tool.
IMG_5548.JPG IMG_5552.JPG IMG_5553.JPG

Step 3:
Slide the arch guard into place, making a note of how high up the arch it goes. You'll need to apply double sided tape along the edge of the arch up to this point. Do not remove the tapes outer cover yet.
IMG_5554.JPG

Step 4:
Ensure the two holes in the arch guard are aligned and bend the guard to match the contour of the arch. You might want to use the two trim clips to hold it in place.
IMG_5555.JPG IMG_5558.JPG IMG_5561.JPG

Step 5:
Remove the outer cover on the double sided tape and press the guard onto it. Then use 3 of the provided clips to hold it in place while the tape adheres
IMG_5562.JPG

Super Moderator
Arrived swiftly and superbly packed. Fitted in minutes by turning wheel on full lock to suit the side your working on. Instructions above are perfectly described. The only thing I might add to this is i put. 2 of the retaining clips at the very top and I might leave them on there. Hardly visible and can only do good in my opinion.
very nice job, thank you. 馃憤馃憤
C326D4C2-F6B6-483E-93D9-E50644F7D59C.jpeg
024E03C4-C89D-48B3-8408-B10775C7E2AD.jpeg

Super Moderator
I can confirm they do fit a CLA45s! Finally got a break in the weather long enough to get my kit fitted. I've also taken some pictures of the process.

Step 1:
Clean the surfaces, use an alcohol wipe to clean the painted edge of the wheel arch as this is where you'll be applying the tape.
View attachment 6622

Step 2:
Remove both bottom trim clips using a trim remover tool.
View attachment 6623 View attachment 6624 View attachment 6625

Step 3:
Slide the arch guard into place, making a note of how high up the arch it goes. You'll need to apply double sided tape along the edge of the arch up to this point. Do not remove the tapes outer cover yet.
View attachment 6626

Step 4:
Ensure the two holes in the arch guard are aligned and bend the guard to match the contour of the arch. You might want to use the two trim clips to hold it in place.
View attachment 6627 View attachment 6628 View attachment 6629

Step 5:
Remove the outer cover on the double sided tape and press the guard onto it. Then use 3 of the provided clips to hold it in place while the tape adheres
View attachment 6630

These are really useful. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: Marveh and CREED

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Thank you all for the updates, pictures, fitting tips and kind words.

It's been a bit of a mission for me producing these, taken a fair bit of time, testing and development.

I need to thank a few of you here for helping me test with the fitment so I could be confident they fit more than just my own A45S 馃榿

Looking forward to seeing more of these fitted.

Cheers
John

Registered
CLA A35
These look great. Frustrates me manufacturers don鈥檛 supply. Would love a set if they would fit a CLA 35.

Registered
Fitted mine a couple of nights ago and they are spot on.

Bit hard to photograph due to them blending in against the tyres,but here are some shots anyway.

Registered
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with the production of the A45 aluminium arch guards, I am pleased to say that I have received the first batch today from manufacturing!

This first batch has an anodised satin black finish, manufactured in AW5083 'marine' grade aluminium.

I will test fit them over the weekend, and if I am 100% satisfied then I will begin shipping orders next week. Fitment is pefect!

Each set contains a pair of arch guards, adhesive tape, alcohol wipes, and retaining clips (temporary whilst tape bonds)

For forum members I'm offering these sets at 拢40 including 1st class recorded P&P, please PM me your name/address and i will send you payment (paypal) details.

Forum moderators.. If this violates any 'vendor' policy please let me know, this is not my job, this is a 'one off' to fill a need I had for aluminium arch guards like many other members.

Cheers,
John

View attachment 6523
Where do I buy these?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Anybody get a wider angle of these on the car from the front/side?
These are the widest angle pics I have to hand, I was photographing the car after dropping off at Mercedes so they are not focussing on the arch guards in particular.

Registered
Anybody get a wider angle of these on the car from the front/side?
These are the widest shots I have.They really do blend in with the car,which is a good thing I suppose as they do the job but are discrete at the same time.
To be honest they are a no brainer and should have been fitted as standard by Mercedes.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts