Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Would these still do the job with 12mm spacers on my wheels?
I can't say for sure, but the problem of stone chips on the lower doors will certainly be worse without them and with 12mm spacers :) I bet it looks awesome though.

When its light tommorow I will try and measure the offset from the side of the car so you can compare.

Cheers,
John

·
Registered
CLA A35
34 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience with the production of the A45 aluminium arch guards, I am pleased to say that I have received the first batch today from manufacturing!

This first batch has an anodised satin black finish, manufactured in AW5083 'marine' grade aluminium.

I will test fit them over the weekend, and if I am 100% satisfied then I will begin shipping orders next week. Fitment is pefect!

Each set contains a pair of arch guards, adhesive tape, alcohol wipes, and retaining clips (temporary whilst tape bonds)

For forum members I'm offering these sets at £40 including 1st class recorded P&P, please PM me your name/address and i will send you payment (paypal) details.

Forum moderators.. If this violates any 'vendor' policy please let me know, this is not my job, this is a 'one off' to fill a need I had for aluminium arch guards like many other members.

Update 08/11/2020

I can now confirm these are also known to fit the W177 CLA45, and W177 A35** as well as the W177 A45 and A45S

**modification required

Update 27/11/2020

I have had feedback that the A35 fitment is tight and whilst can be made to fit does put more stress on the tape holding it, so I advise making an additional hole (pics to follow soon) when fitting for an A35. I hope to incorporate the hole to comfortably fit both A45 and A35 in a future revision.

Cheers,
John

View attachment 6523
John I've sent you a PM Thanks

·
Registered
CLA A35
34 Posts
Many thanks to Marveh for doing this.

Fitted and delighted with result on a CLA A35.

You will see the wheels off. I have the Premium Plus (wanted the adaptive dampers) and have bought a set of 18" wheels with winter tyres and swapped them over at the same time. Suspect it made the job a little easier. Surprised how low the car sits as I had to take the head off the jack to fit it under cill and jacking point.

Washed car and then swapped cars around (my wife's precious S1 get the garage residence) before fitting inside garage. Used a fan heater to dry and warm car and especially the aluminium stone guard before fitting as it was a chilly day. Not difficult to do, just take your time and follow instructions.

ps Marveh - your next project, similar for the S1? Cannot understand why OM parts not available!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ordered a set of these for my A200 Amg Line last week and fitted them at the weekend. @Marveh sent everything needed to fit them along with very straight forward fitting instructions.

IMG_20210409_193014.jpg

This is I believe the first set fitted on this particular trim level so I was taking a chance on them, but I can confirm they do fit if you take your time. Only took about 5-10 mins for each side. I fitted all of the supplied temporary clips to the very top of the guards while the double side tape has a chance to bond fully.

They look great imo, thanks John 👍

IMG_20210410_152806.jpg

IMG_20210410_152756.jpg

IMG_20210410_152817.jpg

Keeping the dirt at bay!

IMG_20210412_151734.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

Are these still available? Tried to send you a PM - but as a new user I wasn't allowed !

They are for an Australian A45s.

Cheers

·
Registered
2021 A45s plus /VW R36 avant/ Lotus Elise (with supercharged civic type r engine)
2 Posts
Hi, just a few sets remaining. PM'd 🙂
Hi there
I tried to send you a pm, but it says I've reached my limit(even though I have sent any pms 🤔)
Do you have any left for sale?
Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hi there
I tried to send you a pm, but it says I've reached my limit(even though I have sent any pms 🤔)
Do you have any left for sale?
Thanks
Hi, i'm currently in the middle of a house move so what little stock I had is in storage at the moment. I'll update this thread with remaining quanity as soon as I can get to my stock (early August)

Based on feedback (thanks all!) I have been working on a 'revision 2' design that will also fit the A35 without modification, so I am also hoping to get a new batch manufactured soon.

Cheers,
John

41 - 56 of 56 Posts