Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying, without success, to find out if the hatchback tailgate has powered opening and closing. Does anybody know? Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Veeeight - unbelievable omission considering the cost of the car (n)

·
Super Moderator
2,675 Posts
Personally, I hate powered hatchback tailgates, as in low underground car parks, they hit the concrete ceiling/roof :eek:

Much better/no risk on a powered saloon boot!

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Having had powered tailgates on my E-Class estates, where it was fine, but no great effort saver. I wouldn't want to pay for it on my A45s especially as we only get the option as all or nothing in packs so you either accept it or get a different car.

Reactions: TTG

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thanks Veeeight - unbelievable omission considering the cost of the car (n)
I agree. It wasn’t something I looked for/at when reviewing the car for purchase. I guess I just assumed it would be standard feature for a car in its price range. It wasn’t. I miss it. I prefer to have it. Most power tailgates can be set to stop at a certain height (that you can set) so that it won‘t hit low ceiling/pipes/ventilation etc in lower car parks.

Reactions: veeeight

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
But if you go for a saloon

·
Registered
101 Posts
Always makes me laugh when I see people reaching up to press a button to shut the boot,and then they stand there watching it close,isn't it just quicker to pull it down by hand?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Always makes me laugh when I see people reaching up to press a button to shut the boot,and then they stand there watching it close,isn't it just quicker to pull it down by hand?
Hands full with grocery bags, shorter people or those with limited strength, wanting to avoid slamming the trunk....multiple legitimate reasons.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hands full with grocery bags, shorter people or those with limited strength, wanting to avoid slamming the trunk....multiple legitimate reasons.
If they are tall enough to reach the button (which is often located in the tailgate) then they can reach the handle.

Limited strength,what to shut a boot lit,how do they cope shutting the doors?

Hands full of shopping,You'd need to free up at least a finger to press the button,so they can be that full.

Not slamming the boot,maybe it's just me but I can control how much force I put into shutting a door or boot.

The only thing that may have a use is auto opening,but auto shutting is IMO just lazy.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yup. That’s your opinion. Other people may be of the opinion that it would be a great option and would be willing to pay for it. Without being lazy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts