Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - car gone in for a couple of warranty issues however they did a service check over the A45S and said brake pads were 30% worn at the front for 1100 miles...

car hasn't even been in sport mode yet....

Does this sound right?

·
Super Moderator
4,829 Posts
I would hope at least 15K miles before the fronts need changing. But we will see when I go for a service in a few months time.

·
Super Moderator
4,829 Posts
My car is in next week for new brake pads 9000milss on car
That doesn't surprise me somehow. Hopefully it's only the front pads. Please do post how much.

·
Super Moderator
4,829 Posts
I know and new tyres yesterday dear woman to keep hi
That's not bad compared to the original A45. Just the front two tyres I assume?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mercedes did a health check on my car and told me my front brakes will need replacing at 3mm. They are currently at 4mm. I know they love saying things need replacing on cars much sooner than they actually do.

Has anyone had their brakes changed yet?
How much wear should I allow before I replace them?

They also quoted £343 to replace the front brakes. I’ve always just bought my brakes online and replaced them through a local garage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Easy to change them yourself, just get the code and buy them direct from MB, Think MB Milton Keynes said to me around £170 for new pads.

·
Super Moderator
4,829 Posts
Mercedes did a health check on my car and told me my front brakes will need replacing at 3mm. They are currently at 4mm. I know they love saying things need replacing on cars much sooner than they actually do.

Has anyone had their brakes changed yet?
How much wear should I allow before I replace them?

They also quoted £343 to replace the front brakes. I’ve always just bought my brakes online and replaced them through a local garage.
View attachment 8493
@Irish boy might be able to answer your questions once he gets around to responding.

My previous A45 front pads were quoted as over £300 on 3mm but they knew I was going to get rid of the car shortly so didn't push it. It would have been my second set at just over 30K miles.

·
Super Moderator
4,341 Posts
You can fit those, but they won't be Mercedes OE spec.

A brake pad manufacturer (eg Pagid, Brembo) will manufacture brake pads for Mercedes, and these will be OE (Original Equipment) specification, and they will be Mercedes branded and with a Mercedes part number.

Pagid and Brembo are OEM's (Original Equipment Manufacturers) - but will also produce aftermarket versions of the pads. They won't be exactly the same spec as the Mercedes pads, but will fit and do the job - up to a point. They will be aftermarket pads - which is what is sold in Euro Car Parts.

Now, clearly, an Aftermarket OEM pad isn't counterfeit - so the video below doesn't apply 100%, but aftermarket isn't the same spec as OE - so some of the video applies.

·
Super Moderator
4,829 Posts
In the UK we are probably alright not getting OE, although for me personally I wouldn't. It's other jurisdictions outside the UK/EU where substandard parts abound and can be seriously dangerous.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Does anyone know of any MB Dealers who have brake pads in stock for W177 A5s or can someone recommend an alternative brand of pads for mainly road use?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Does anyone know of any MB Dealers who have brake pads in stock for W177 A5s or can someone recommend an alternative brand of pads for mainly road use?
Let me know how you get on, i need to replace mine soon. Do you get a notification from car for when brake pads need changing?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts