Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any rattles or squeaks?

I have a rattling dash, seem to be inside and looking at the A35 category it's the knee airbag on the drivers side.

Also getting a whistling from the rear left, I'll check the door seals.

Anyone find the tyres really noisy on the motorway? I think it's the rather wide profiles...

Instead of going back and forth to the dealer rather fix it myself if anyone has managed to find the source.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi All,

1000 miles covered and had the "Coolant needs topping up" and car due "service A" appear on the driver display, However turned car off and re started and both cleared....

More annoyingly the passenger seat belt buckle hitting the side of the seat now we are being slightly more heavy right footed as on stage 2 of running the car in.

I will drop MB a call just so bits are logged.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi All,

1000 miles covered and had the "Coolant needs topping up" and car due "service A" appear on the driver display, However turned car off and re started and both cleared....

More annoyingly the passenger seat belt buckle hitting the side of the seat now we are being slightly more heavy right footed as on stage 2 of running the car in.

I will drop MB a call just so bits are logged.
there is a magnet at the side of the seat to hold the seatbelt in place.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the seat is at normal height it hits the plastic airbag trim, so I purchased some stick-on black felt and covered it up. Dulled the noise. For the magnet to work the seat has to be pretty low to the floor so the belt hits the leather area.

What Mercedes should have done is put the round stop clip for the buckle much higher on the belt so it doesn't slide down so low.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Anyone got any rattles or squeaks?

I have a rattling dash, seem to be inside and looking at the A35 category it's the knee airbag on the drivers side.

Also getting a whistling from the rear left, I'll check the door seals.

Anyone find the tyres really noisy on the motorway? I think it's the rather wide profiles...

Instead of going back and forth to the dealer rather fix it myself if anyone has managed to find the source.
get them to fix it and also the rattle is behind the dash screen, they will try everything to not take it out and look but trust me the rattles are loose cables behind the screen and are fucking annoying! are you on pzero's if so they are loud as **** on the motorway. I have an A35 and it took 4 attempts for them to finally fix my rattles and they confirmed finally its behind the screen and cables were not secured properly or space padded to stop movement

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They booked it in a month away! :( I won't bother fixing it myself then...

The tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, but the reviews for this tyre are supposed to be excellent so struggling to find out why they are so noisy. Normally have Continental Sport Contact 5 or similar.

The noise is crazy compared to the previous generation A45.

·
Registered
822 Posts
They booked it in a month away! :( I won't bother fixing it myself then...

The tyres are Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, but the reviews for this tyre are supposed to be excellent so struggling to find out why they are so noisy. Normally have Continental Sport Contact 5 or similar.

The noise is crazy compared to the previous generation A45.
Mercedes seem to have been stingy with sound insulation in the W177. I think the performance enhancements AMG have made to the A35 and most certainly the A45S suspension, i.e. removing rubber bushes and directly bolting subframes to the body have exaggerated the noise intrusion into the cabin. There were several threads in the A35 forum discussing this. Personally, my ears have become used to the noise and I don't mind it. But I do remember well being where you are right now...

·
Registered
64 Posts
i have a knocking / banging noise in the rear suspension over certain bumps. The dealer replaced the rear shocks but the noise is still there. They said to bring it back in if the noise still occurs.
Read somewhere it may be the struts. Anyone else heard this and or had this rectified?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't say it's a knocking noise, heard a loud thump but I presume it's all the stuff in the boot floor which hasn't been strapped down. Previous models had a snug polystyrene thing across the floor but this doesn't have much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts