Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get all our tuning discussion in one place. I am waiting on Brabus but @Irish boy is really out there already in this field and to start things off here is a photo of his times with DMS
1592650753898.png

Reactions: cooke71

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1592652884916.png

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the full size box and still the same. @Irish boy will repost it I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slightly blurred probably because you were going so fast. 3.3 to 60 right? Excellent.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Too much screen time 😁

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
134 Posts
According to a local dealer, UK (Northern Ireland) based TMC are developing a tune too. Went to see what they currently offer and it looks like they make tuning boxes. Anyone familiar with these guys? I didn't have an A45 before like most of you guys but I suspect 431hp/584nm are pretty good numbers for only a tuned FL W176 engine.

Hover over "Engine & Gearbox" and it's the two options on the left.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I couldn't see the A45s. It had the previous A45. But in any case I don't know about them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Right, so any news of Brabus? I emailed them about a week ago and asked a few questions including launch date estimate, power increase, top speed increase and whether it'll be remap or tuning box and all they said was that they're developing a tune. Can you believe that, and here I thought it was already released and everyone knew about it except me. Such a relief to find out it's still in development [enter sarcasm here]. I hope their tune is better than their customer service (providing useful answers is an important part of customer service).

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes they are being very unGerman and running late. Somebody will be taken out and shot for the delay.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not only that, video or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Curious as to if anyone has tried or researched any further the RaceChip option. As a tuning box it has a few merits and noticed they also offer an engine warranty (for what its worth)... so has a few benefits which have caught my eye.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@Irish boy looked into it. This video reviews RaceChip
but I have seen other reviews which have not been at all enthusiastic. One of the guys put a video up comparing various tune boxes v mapping which I couldn't find quickly but perhaps you might search for.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Boys go for a dms or msl what ever you prefer I had my car to mercedes last week and car was plugged and and couldn’t trace the map in the car

forrester showed me the **** reviews racechip had didn’t bother I have had all my work vans and road cars mapped by dms never one fault and would fly over to me as soon as I ever ring them which is such a plus
Let’s be honest boys this engine is designed for more bhp for the c63
So it will easily take it

one thing is fecking me off I can’t get a front pipe & down pipe
There all still nearly 2 months away

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
one thing is fecking me off I can’t get a front pipe & down pipe
There all still nearly 2 months away
I wouldn't worry about the exhaust mod while the A45s performs the way it does and even with the piped sound off it still sounds excellent within the cabin and it's obviously also outside as when I pass other cars they look over on many occasions.

·
Registered
38 Posts
@Irish boy thanks what’s the process then with DMS do you get them to come over and return to standard before MB visit then back out to re apply map after? They told me unlimited call outs which I can’t understand how they can justify if they visit you and your not local...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well this was a surprise response from Brabus when I contacted them today ref remap.

Thank you for your inquiry and your shown interest in our products.
Unfortunately we don´t have something for your car.
I am very sorry for not beeing able to help you.

Wish you all the best

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards

i.A. Wiky Petraki
Vertrieb Export
Sales Manager

So maybe they're not bringing something to market for the A45S 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 32 Posts