Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

221 - 240 of 272 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
504 bhp that's nuts. What did the torque end up as and at what revs for both.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #227 ·
Thanks. Great numbers. It's interesting that the power and torque curves follow the original pattern. I would have thought it would be much flatter for torque.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·
Be interesting to know what boost it is now running and a 0-60 time

0-60 3.2 sec according to their video of the CLA.45s

Any ideas what their 3 years after sales package covers. Is it that they need to reinstall it after each service.

Reactions: TTG

·
Registered
81 Posts
0-60 3.2 sec according to their video of the CLA.45s

Any ideas what their 3 years after sales package covers. Is it that they need to reinstall it after each service.

I have used them on my FL A45 so they will come to your house take off Remap put on the old map on so it is standard for servicing then they will return and put the remap back on for 3 years

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have used them on my FL A45 so they will come to your house take off Remap put on the old map on so it is standard for servicing then they will return and put the remap back on for 3 years
Just to clarify with this coming to your house lark, is this anywhere in the country and all included in the original price?

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Yes it is included in price and i think they have centres spread across the country
Did you share the price. I'm assuming circ.£1K.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Because I got 2 cars remapped at the same time the total together was just over £1300 as well I have used thrm before

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
That's a real bargain price.

You have obviously used them quite a lot. Do you feel completely confident about what they are doing. Does the A45s run completely smoothly and you feel the extra power and torque.

·
Registered
81 Posts
That's a real bargain price.

You have obviously used them quite a lot. Do you feel completely confident about what they are doing. Does the A45s run completely smoothly and you feel the extra power and torque.
I am very confident they have been around over 20 years now and they did my facelift A45 and my last Range Rover .I think it is smoother and it is faster :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
It's not that any of those factors I've had two myself. You'll have to go to the factory to get it done for the A45s.
Merc Brooklands have just got back to me and will fit the Brabus B45 kit themselves albeit its a lot of money for modest gains:

Brabus B45 kit: £2,830.96
Import Duty: £473 (Brexit to thank for this)
Fitting: £810

Total: £4,113.96 inc VAT

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #239 ·
Merc Brooklands have just got back to me and will fit the Brabus B45 kit themselves albeit its a lot of money for modest gains:

Thanks for this. As bad as brexit and the deal in name only is there shouldn't be any duty. I wonder if it's German vat. Also the Brabus website shows the blow off adaptor together with the tune box. Has that been included in what they are quoting as the £810 fitting is 4 hours labour and it should be 2 for the tune box alone.

Overview - Tuning - BRABUS

Please keep us posted on what you decide to do.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·

I just had a 5 minute plus call with Nils Jacoby at Brabus and he is saying they are still not ready to have the module fitted other than at their factory and Germany has just gone in to a further lockdown tightening, and actually joked, because of the UK variant. Which he says makes the transporting of any vehicle from all over Europe to the factory very difficult to do.

He said, as before, he'll be in touch.

221 - 240 of 272 Posts