Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

241 - 260 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just had a 5 minute plus call with Nils Jacoby at Brabus and he is saying they are still not ready to have the module fitted other than at their factory and Germany has just gone in to a further lockdown tightening, and actually joked, because of the UK variant. Which he says makes the transporting of any vehicle from all over Europe to the factory very difficult to do.

He said, as before, he'll be in touch.
Well I guess Nils knows what the guys at Brooklands don't know so I'll sit back and wait until my car arrives and see what the score is. The better news is that Brooklands managed to amend one of their April build slots to my spec so the car will be here in May :)

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
That’s excellent. Fingers crossed for Brabus.

·
Registered
208 Posts
@Forrester have you decided what to opt for? Or are you thinking about waiting for the FL? To be fair, although 500hp from just a tune is truly tempting, stock it's still quick and super fun to drive. So if I was looking to keep the car less than say 4 years I might decide to keep it stock, assuming the FL is about or nearly as strong as the current model with a tune. That way I wouldn't have to worry about tuning either one. I'd just need to be patient until the FL came out, while still enjoying my quick and fun to drive 420hp car. Just a thought. Oh and assuming I was interested in the FL, cause for all we know it might not look as hot. Don't think it'll look much different to be honest, maybe few bits here and there, but you never know. Honestly, I may end up keeping it stock as we don't have a lot of options that I can trust, except Brabus, but that's way too expensive for +29 hp.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
@Forrester have you decided what to opt for? Or are you thinking about waiting for the FL? To be fair, although 500hp from just a tune is truly tempting, stock it's still quick and super fun to drive. So if I was looking to keep the car less than say 4 years I might decide to keep it stock, assuming the FL is about or nearly as strong as the current model with a tune. That way I wouldn't have to worry about tuning either one. I'd just need to be patient until the FL came out, while still enjoying my quick and fun to drive 420hp car. Just a thought. Oh and assuming I was interested in the FL, cause for all we know it might not look as hot. Don't think it'll look much different to be honest, maybe few bits here and there, but you never know. Honestly, I may end up keeping it stock as we don't have a lot of options that I can trust, except Brabus, but that's way too expensive for +29 hp.
I have to admit with the lockdown(s) we have experienced since I got my A45s, with the current one being never ending, every time I get to drive the car it seems very fast. As the gap between each drive is quite a few days. I am very tempted by the DMS tune but I would get the Brabus as a first choice if they made it easier to have installed, as I know it from past experience, their warranty and the least hassle insurance wise as I can just call up my existing insurer and keep my wife's and my car in the same group policy. I know the Brabus is insanely expensive, but this pandemic has meant being able to save more than usual, so I don't mind splashing out for it and in any case that's what I've been used to paying for a tune for my previous MBs.

The FL may well be a hybrid and if it does turn out to be around 475 PS, as Bild splashed a couple of years back then the Brabus tune would have been a waste. So, I might well carry on procrastinating.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I get what you're saying, peace of mind is more important. You wanna stick to what you're happy with. Nobody will give you a better feedback. Then you should opt for Brabus, or keep it stock and wait for the FL. I wish you luck, whatever you decide.

I'm in the same boat as you, feels like I just got it every time I get to drive it. I'm definitely keeping it stock for one more year as my warranty expires March 2022 and then I'll see what my tuning options are, but right now of all the available options in my area, including some custom ones, the only one I can fully trust is Brabus.

I could have opted for a longer warranty but it was like an extra €4k for another two years. Of course I turned it down, as I didn't think anything serious would happen in these extra two years. If it doesn't like blow up before March 2024, I win.

Reactions: Forrester

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
I went back to Alex at Brooklands to clarify the factory only fitting and received this:

View attachment 7666
This is in line with my information. I wonder how they gave you a price based on what they have now said. And what was the duty they added? Probably not worth asking such questions until we can actually realistically consider the tune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I hope everyone is well.
I just wanted to know what times you guys are getting in your CL/A45s's...
I currently drive a CLA45s with an Akrapovic Sports Cat and a remap from MSL Performance. The car is running under 500hp as they're playing it safe with the map, so it still has room for improvement... but these were the figures from a run at Santa Pod on the weekend. I believe it's the fastest CLA45 in the UK. Everything else in the car is stock.
The fastest time on draggy of the A45s is 3.06s, only 0.05s quicker, despite it being the lighter car, by about 75kg.
Can't wait to do some more testing. 😁

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
With a 1ft rollout a sub 3.0sec to 60 is fantastic.

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA45 S
17 Posts
I've been using this with great success as it was able to clear the codes whenever I disconnect the ECU for a bench flash or when I update the CPC software.

OBDLINK® MX+

·
Registered
2021 AMG CLA45 S
17 Posts
Wow those are some very impressive time.

Did MSL also provided a CPC remap as well to go with the tune?

Hi All, I hope everyone is well.
I just wanted to know what times you guys are getting in your CL/A45s's...
I currently drive a CLA45s with an Akrapovic Sports Cat and a remap from MSL Performance. The car is running under 500hp as they're playing it safe with the map, so it still has room for improvement... but these were the figures from a run at Santa Pod on the weekend. I believe it's the fastest CLA45 in the UK. Everything else in the car is stock.
The fastest time on draggy of the A45s is 3.06s, only 0.05s quicker, despite it being the lighter car, by about 75kg.
Can't wait to do some more testing. 😁

View attachment 7835 View attachment 7836

·
Registered
A45s in Designo Mountain Grey Magno | Stage 1 - MSL | Armaspeed Carbon Cold Intake
4 Posts
Hey all,

Anyone upgraded their spark plugs? I have looked on NGK website, but cannot see any for the A45s. Anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
The Brabus tune comes with a higher performance air filter. I'd probably look at an air filter change before spark plugs.

·
Registered
A45s in Designo Mountain Grey Magno | Stage 1 - MSL | Armaspeed Carbon Cold Intake
4 Posts
Hey Forrester,

Thanks, I installed the Armaspeed cold intake yesterday. Got a sports cat/stage 2 install due next month, so just slowly working through the list of upgrades before that.

·
Super Moderator
4,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #256 ·
It'd be good to know what the new engine outputs look like if you can get a free go on a rolling road.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Forrester,

Thanks, I installed the Armaspeed cold intake yesterday. Got a sports cat/stage 2 install due next month, so just slowly working through the list of upgrades before that.
Which exhaust/stage 2 tune did you go for? I'd be interested to see a list of your mods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Once all the works are done, I will try and get a reading. Also a visit to santa pod for acceleration times! 😀

·
Registered
4 Posts
Which exhaust/stage 2 tune did you go for? I'd be interested to see a list of your mods.
So far I has MSL stage 1. PCW exhaust mod and Armaspeed cold intake. I will be getting Milltek sports cat and stage 2 from MSL next month.

I will see if the car needs a full exhaust upgrade or if it works with the PCW mod.

·
Registered
51 Posts
So far I has MSL stage 1. PCW exhaust mod and Armaspeed cold intake. I will be getting Milltek sports cat and stage 2 from MSL next month.

I will see if the car needs a full exhaust upgrade or if it works with the PCW mod.
Thanks for the update. I'll be interested to see how you get on.

My car has only just arrived so will probably run it in before making any changes.

241 - 260 of 272 Posts