Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Can you share your question to them please. I think something may have been lost in translation. Brabus do tuning boxes so it might have been the term remap they specifically responded to. They being German they do respond very literally.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
As I only e-mailed them last week I will leave it a little while and might call them next time. Anyway it is what it is. I probably won't go with any other stage 1 if they don't produce something, which I am fairly sure they will otherwise it will be the only full fat AMG they haven't done some power enhancement for.

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
260 Posts
Isnt that annoying? U buy VAG or BMW car and after first day of selling those cars there are thousands of tuning parts but for Merc almost none after 2y of production...its like we are on the other world

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
It's much more profitable (payback is quicker) investing in tuning for VW Group cars, the sheer numbers of cars sold by the whole group (eg lots of VW Group cars use EA888 Engine) vastly overshadow any Mercedes A class variants.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If Brabus don't don't produce a tune for a particular MB model then they lose out in absolute terms as they only tune MB and Smart cars 😎

·
Super Moderator
2,676 Posts
That's true, I wasn't specifically thinking of Brabus though, they are kinda speciality M-B tuner.

I think what @Vampire1984PL was referring to was the vast array of other well known good tuning companies, that just don't do M-B, but do say VW, Audi, BMW etc. (eg Burger Motorsports and their JB4 box, Shark Performance, Unicorn etc.).

·
Registered
359 Posts
@Irish boy thanks what’s the process then with DMS do you get them to come over and return to standard before MB visit then back out to re apply map after? They told me unlimited call outs which I can’t understand how they can justify if they visit you and your not local...
there a business, and business is business
That’s the deal I have they have a lot of customers in north and south of Ireland

When there coming back to me they will have 2 vw transporters to remap
And a e43 new x5 and my A45S
So I get them business also with friends etc

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
there a business, and business is business
That’s the deal I have they have a lot of customers in north and south of Ireland

When there coming back to me they will have 2 vw transporters to remap
And a e43 new x5 and my A45S
So I get them business also with friends etc
@Irish boy I might need to get the Google translator out for this one. What have you just said please.

Reactions: steve_3939

·
Registered
MB A250 4M W177
260 Posts
Yeah u get my point, even if a45s is awesome car, it will be shadowed by tuned RS3 or 1series. When A class is stopped by no-market, the competition will go up in the sky..**** of accessories, tuning parts etc etc...we even cannot find NOW aftermarket brake discs and if yes there are exactly a pair/a few of brands and on 1 model/size, which is ridiciolous

·
Registered
359 Posts
@Irish boy I might need to get the Google translator out for this one. What have you just said please.
We are talking about Dms here for @alias23 he couldn’t understand why Dms would fly to Eire to remap my car or take a map out of it anytime
@Forrester encase you’re probably getting a sore back at this stage now waiting for brabus stage one with all that cash under the mattress for your upgrade please take £50 out of bundle and get nice massage with a happy ending that will happen a lot faster than brabus 👌

·
Registered
165 Posts
Well this was a surprise response from Brabus when I contacted them today ref remap.

Thank you for your inquiry and your shown interest in our products.
Unfortunately we don´t have something for your car.
I am very sorry for not beeing able to help you.

Wish you all the best

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Best regards

i.A. Wiky Petraki
Vertrieb Export
Sales Manager

So maybe they're not bringing something to market for the A45S 🤷‍♂️
Btw the response I got (see previous page) came from the same person, and they explicitly said they're developing a power upgrade for the requested car, and they don't know when it will be available (email dated 06/12). Has to be what @Forrester said, that something may have been lost in translation, I mean what the **** could've possibly happened between June 12th and today. So I think in their response to @alias23 they forgot to say "yet". And that's on top of running late. Hard to believe it's Brabus we're talking about. Very disappoint. 🙄

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I spoke by phone to Nils as I said I would.

The good news is that Brabus is definitely working on a performance module for the A45s but he could not give an ETA. So I pressed him on the May/June dates we were given and he said priorities change and may have been superseded by full vehicle builds. I then mentioned that his sales manager colleague had said to one of us that Brabus did not have such a product. He said that she may not know everything that was going on and in any case, as I suspected with the literal use of language in Germany, she was factually correct such a product did not currently exist.

So still we go in hope.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This is an email response today from Brabus:

The PowerXtra for A45S is close to release. Development took longer than expected, but we have a great product now. Stay tuned and we will be in touch.

Thanks for your continued interest.

Best regards

BRABUS

i.V. Nils Jacoby

Head of Sales

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's more being able to get insurance with my existing provider I am concerned about after the post on the A35 site that Aviva don't insure tunes above a certain output increase.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ll guess €4k.
Supplied and fitted by my supplying MB dealer the Brabus box for my E63s was £6k - this took the car up by approx twice the power suggested by the tuning boxes so hopefully you are about in the right place assuming euro/gbp parity.

It's more being able to get insurance with my existing provider I am concerned about after the post on the A35 site that Aviva don't insure tunes above a certain output increase.
Interestingly Aviva underwrite (or certainly did, MB insurance ). When I enquired about my Brabus box on the E63s I was clear that A) It was an MB dealer supped and fitted and MBUK warranted accessory and B) That it be recorded on the policy notes. It didn't occur any additional premium.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Aviva insured my last two Brabus tuned cars. But these are strange times.

I also wonder what the procedure for getting it fitted will be. Last time I just went to MB Milton Keynes and hung around for a couple of hours having free coffee and then drove back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Aviva insured my last two Brabus tuned cars. But these are strange times.

I also wonder what the procedure for getting it fitted will be. Last time I just went to MB Milton Keynes and hung around for a couple of hours having free coffee and then drove back.
Snap - exactly what I did !!

Whereabouts roughly are you ?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I'm in East Herts.

I had planned in repaying the garage I bought my A45s from and getting them to fit it but they are miles away and it may have meant an overnight stay. I'll see when Brubus finally release this and how good it appears. I am guessing there will be two versions as for the A35 and it will push power close to 500 ps in it's most powerful form.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts