Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm in East Herts.

I had planned in repaying the garage I bought my A45s from and getting them to fit it but they are miles away and it may have meant an overnight stay. I'll see when Brubus finally release this and how good it appears. I am guessing there will be two versions as for the A35 and it will push power close to 500 ps in it's most powerful form.
Ah ok - I know that MBMK is apparently the main distributor fro Brabus within the network and they are also my local dealer.

I ambetting on a max 60bhp uplift :)

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Yes it was MK and another dealer which Brabus mentioned at the time in 2013, not Brooklands to start with, they started supplying it later.

The MB dealers I bought my car from is a part of Sytner the same as MK so they will hopefully get the go ahead to fit it too but we'll see.

I just tried Aviva online first and they have a modification option but nothing for the engine so I tried calling but after going through a couple of menu's they said they couldn't answer my call right now.

Reactions: RSK21

·
Super Moderator
1,647 Posts
£4000 doesn’t seem to back if it takes it up towards 500 hp and still with warranty.
what do you actually get for your money? Just a box and fitting?

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The two links are for the A35 options I think it will be similar for the A45s. Which are around £2K. If it's £4K unless it is at least 500 ps I might give it a pass given all the insurance hassles its seems with my insurer. But Brabus will just be tapping in to A45s owners as they consider we have deep pockets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The two links are for the A35 options I think it will be similar for the A45s. Which are around £2K. If it's £4K unless it is at least 500 ps I might give it a pass given all the insurance hassles its seems with my insurer. But Brabus will just be tapping in to A45s owners as they consider we have deep pockets.

I'm off to DMS tomorrow for their stage 1, which includes gearbox map to increase clamping forces.

Will hopefully have before/after dyno results to post up shortly after.

Mad.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I'm off to DMS tomorrow for their stage 1, which includes gearbox map to increase clamping forces.

Will hopefully have before/after dyno results to post up shortly after.

Mad.
Excellent. Do feedback. It's what @Irish boy has I believe.

Reactions: Mad Chemist

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
box

fitting

Brabus plaque for engine

Brabus tailgate badge

Powered By Brabus front wing badges

And above all else...... WARRANTY !!!
Entirely agree the warranty is the biggest thing for me.

I have to confess I never put my Brabus badges on in keeping with my liking for a sleeper.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #50

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
3.14sec 0-60. Incredible.

I hadn't heard of EST but it's the engine warranty which is important. Let's see what Brabus comes up with.

Reactions: RSK21

·
Registered
11 Posts
Excellent. Do feedback. It's what @Irish boy has I believe.
Hi guys,

Not good news, the latest 70 plate cars have updated software so car is still being worked on by DMS. Hope to have more news later next week. Stock, my car made 412 PS on Tesco 99 Momentum.

Whilst I was there another chap had his July registered A45s+ tuned without any issues (older software) and he got 401 PS stock, 499 PS with just stage 1!!!

Mad.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hi guys,

Not good news, the latest 70 plate cars have updated software so car is still being worked on by DMS. Hope to have more news later next week. Stock, my car made 412 PS on Tesco 99 Momentum.

Whilst I was there another chap had his July registered A45s+ tuned without any issues (older software) and he got 401 PS stock, 499 PS with just stage 1!!!

Mad.
That's quite a strange one as I am guessing we will all get the same MB software eventually as well as future updates so I wonder if the DMS tune will stay intact through the various future updates.

The stock figure of 401 ps for the other guy is disappointing but I think the AWD system makes calibration of the full output quite tricky, and I wonder what fuel he uses.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's quite a strange one as I am guessing we will all get the same MB software eventually as well as future updates so I wonder if the DMS tune will stay intact through the various future updates.

The stock figure of 401 ps for the other guy is disappointing but I think the AWD system makes calibration of the full output quite tricky, and I wonder what fuel he uses.
Think it was a new 99 octane petrol from Esso

·
Registered
11 Posts
All sorted now - DMS worked through Sunday and have now cracked the latest ECU so latest cars can now be flashed successfully. Car made 490 PS

Mad.
Think it was a new 99 octane petrol from Esso

All sorted now - DMS worked through Sunday and have now cracked the latest ECU so latest cars can now be flashed successfully. Car made 490 PS

Mad.

All sorted now - DMS worked through Sunday and have now cracked the latest ECU so most recent cars can now be flashed successfully. Car made 490 PS

Mad.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Excellent news. Do feedback on how it now goes.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts