Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning to get a Becker Map Pilot unit installed in my engineered glove box. However, I could not find any bracket in the glove box thus make me wonder whether my car has pre-wiring installed.

Could anyone kindly post a photo of his glove box with Becker Map Pilot pre-wiring bracket? Many thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mon2s. Seems I don't have this stuff in my glove box. Will check back tomorrow morning. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I""˜ve given a check on the glove box again but only found there is still plastic covered that hole and no bracket in sight. It is a shameMerc didn't put pre-wiring in the car.

·
Registered
111 Posts
G11,

If you look in the price list of the A class it actually shows that the pre wiring comes with all models a180 upwards. Might be worth a while giving MB call and to confirm this And maybe you can show them the price list??

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oh sorry ignore my post maybe... as I have just noticed you said yes to being it an Australian spec so possibly could be much different to the UK standard specs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Currently deciding whether to add the Map Pilot to my car order. I was hoping that the car would come with pre-wiring and then pick up the Map Pilot unit post-delivery.

Might have to go back to the dealer to find out whether pre-wiring comes standard or not.

·
Registered
253 Posts
The Becker system does NOT fill the A-class multi-media screen and is, in fact, quite small, and hard to see at a glance. I found this out only when I had bought the car with that system. The full Comand costs a lot more but the Sat Nav system does fill the screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts