Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wish to share a finding on cure of the seatbelt rattling.

Basically,My both front seatbelts hangeron A250 Sport rattle sometimes. I found if youmove the position of the hanger a bit lower from their original top position, the rattle dissappeared. It has been more then 2 hours of drive without rattles since I made this change.

I think anyone whohas the same issue on their A class could give it a try and let's see whether this could be a permenant fix. Cheers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did this a couple of weeks ago, definitely helps. Now I only get occasional rattles on very rough roads.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I always move the height adjuster when the buzzy rattle starts and it usually stops it - but only temporarily. It is worse with certain road surfaces.

I currently have a thin piece of card slid into it and so far this is working. It is booked into MB next Tuesday about another issue and I will get them to look at this too.

Although, judging by the German forum MB have not done anything about their rattles and they had the A Class launched a few months before us.

·
Registered
67 Posts
and there's me blaming my girlfirends earring... oh wait, that's a different advert.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
That was a good advert, IAMG. I am lucky I haven't had any rattles, yet! Hope they don't come at all!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've fixed mine with a small strip of sticky back felt under the sliding trim.

Tiny noise but following the removal of a few others this became more apparent.

All sorted now so car is now very quiet.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have noticed also some rattles coming from driver's seabelt hanger only when I drive over very rough road surfaces. I tried re-positioning same but this did not help much.

While in a parking slot I tried to "play" somehow with the mechanism (ie move up-down, press it at some areas, some friendly punches by hand
etc) and since then it seems that the rattling effect disappeared, at least for now

While on normal roads surface nothing is rattling in the car and generally IMHO the car is not defective on this matter and we may all exaggerate a bit sometimes.

I believe all cars develop sometimes upholstery rattles, especially cars with sport suspensions and if same are driven on bad quality road surfaces.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like many others I have beendriven crazy by any number of rattles, buzzes, squeaks since picking up my A180in Jan. After 3 visits to MB Manchester they had the car for a whole week whilst I was on holiday and I now find that they have (nearly) all disappeared.So far as the seatbelt bracket is concerned I am reliably informed that a modified part is now available - this is the plate against which the slider moves up and down. So if your car is still under warranty get it in there - never mind holding the car together with tape !

I just have a dreadful and continuous creaking from the front centre armrest to resolve - any ideas ?

Ford Focus next time...........

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had loads of rattles that were hard to source. When I opened the flap where the gear stick would be on a manual it sounded worse.

In front of the arm rest you can lift and remove the trim ring round this section of the center console. Then you can get under and round the storage area in front. I put in 1cm neoprene sticky backed sheets cut into strips so that they wedged the storage against the sides. Also underneath I fitted 2 layers of the same foam. This completely fixed all the unsourcable rattles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts