Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Parallel parking does leave a pretty large distance from the kerb. I always try to park it much tighter.

I do find the perpendicular parking mode much more useful though. It goes in pretty fast and centres almost perfectly. Useful in busy supermarket parking lots. Only annoyance is that it needs either walls or vehicles either side, doesn't recognize the road markings as guide.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Run your VIN through the decoder

Do you have this?
8B8 Active Parking Assist reduction (UN R79)
Just checked my VIN and mine is posted as '235 Active Parking Assist'. Not sure if this means mine is fully activated as my production date indicated as 22/7/2019.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, this is my first post here.

Just a quick one to see if anyone else's A Class has been delayed? I was meant to collect mine on the 1st April but they told me I couldn't on the day due to a new law from the DVLA which had come in place in the UK overnight meaning Mercedes have to update their cars to comply.

My dealership has said Mercedes hasn't even got in touch with them regarding an update to their cars which I think is really poor on their behalf.

Apparently it's all to do with coming out of the EU and park assist not being legal within the UK, so now its a waiting game until Mercedes disable this on their software.

Such a pain!

·
Registered
A250E Saloon Prem Plus
42 Posts
Hi, this is my first post here.

Just a quick one to see if anyone else's A Class has been delayed? I was meant to collect mine on the 1st April but they told me I couldn't on the day due to a new law from the DVLA which had come in place in the UK overnight meaning Mercedes have to update their cars to comply.

My dealership has said Mercedes hasn't even got in touch with them regarding an update to their cars which I think is really poor on their behalf.

Apparently it's all to do with coming out of the EU and park assist not being legal within the UK, so now its a waiting game until Mercedes disable this on their software.

Such a pain!
Not heard this - my delivery due in a few weeks. I wonder if it has more to do about DVLA going on strike today...

·
Super Moderator
3,527 Posts
Nope. See the posts above, new UNECE Regulations.

Doubt your delay is due to this, cars are currently being supplied with the feature restricted to just bay parking (no parallel parking).

Think your dealer is telling a slight porkie.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nope. See the posts above, new UNECE Regulations.

Doubt your delay is due to this, cars are currently being supplied with the feature restricted to just bay parking (no parallel parking).

Think your dealer is telling a slight porkie.
Cheers for this Veeeight.

I have got in touch with another dealership and they said the same thing, but they both don't sound too confident. They're saying they have had no update from Mercedes so they don't have a clue when I will be able to get the car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I Just had mine reenabled by Rj Automotive Ltd, if you have a 250e they can also turn on the ACC for a very reasonable price. Took less than an hour to activate and calibrate. 100% recommend.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts