Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another new subscription service. Just noticed that this has appeared in the ME store. I have option 631 Static LED Headlamps, Left-Hand Traffic which it states is required (or 632 which I don’t have).
Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Tire
Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Tire

I wasn’t aware this was available as a retrofit. Any thoughts on if it is worth the money?

·
Administrator
4,792 Posts
Subscription Options - its the future :)

Depends on whether you mind operating the high beam lever manually or not!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So am I right in thinking that you leave the lever on high beam and it will dip automatically when the camera detects oncoming headlights?

·
Administrator
4,792 Posts
Yes.
until your windscreen mists or fogs on the inside where the camera is, and the “High Beam Assist is Unavailable” message appears.

See

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like yet another MMe glitch. The option has now disappeared. I’ve decided it’s not worth the £59 / year anyway. Maybe if it had been a one off purchase!

·
Administrator
4,792 Posts
Welcome to the new world of subscription options!

It's all the rage these days :)

·
Registered
A250 4-Matic 2021
110 Posts
Welcome to the new world of subscription options!
Should be legislated out of existence IMHO.

Basically you have to pay to use what you already paid for (the hardware). General Motors sees it as a 21 billion dollar revenue stream allowing them to double their profit margin. They are even looking at subscriptions for things like heated seats and steering wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another new subscription service. Just noticed that this has appeared in the ME store. I have option 631 Static LED Headlamps, Left-Hand Traffic which it states is required (or 632 which I don’t have).
View attachment 9022 View attachment 9022
I wasn’t aware this was available as a retrofit. Any thoughts on if it is worth the money?
Looks like yet another MMe glitch. The option has now disappeared. I’ve decided it’s not worth the £59 / year anyway. Maybe if it had been a one off purchase!
You are wise not to pay for it. The system is faulty and many, including me, find that there is an annoying "camera view restricted highbeam assist inoperative" message which occurs quite regularly. It's due to fogging, I think, in front of the camera and even appears when the windscreen appears to be fog free. I would be very annoyed if I'd paid for it. I've taken it to the dealer who can't find a fault and have said that they will ask Mercedes technical in Germany. But as yet no solution has been offered.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
View attachment 9022 View attachment 9022
It hasn't appeared for me as I don't have it on my non-aero A45s. I had it on my previous A45 and E-Class. It was worth having but always too slow dipping and I usually ended up doing it myself in order not to glare the lights at the oncoming driver.

·
Registered
A200d Prem+ DAP
277 Posts
I have the multi beam setup and it seems very quick to auto-dip. The only thing I find a little frustrating is that it’s a bit slow to go back to main beam once oncoming traffic has passed

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
I have the multi beam setup and it seems very quick to auto-dip. The only thing I find a little frustrating is that it’s a bit slow to go back to main beam once oncoming traffic has passed
Yes I found the full beam too slow as well, which can be dangerous when on very dark bending country roads.

I would be interested to find out from MB if they really are offering a subscription service for high beam assist on some other models.

·
Registered
CLA A35
45 Posts
I find it works quite well, better than other system I have tried. Only issue is the ‘fogging’ mentioned by others above. But this also seems to affect other camera based systems on the car too.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I found the full beam too slow as well, which can be dangerous when on very dark bending country roads.

I would be interested to find out from MB if they really are offering a subscription service for high beam assist on some other models.
It’s never reappeared since the first post so I’m guessing it was a MMe error.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts