Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A35's & A45's

Those with adaptive suspension - could you have a quick look under your bonnet please, to see if you have the lower shroud covering the threaded part of the damper? (Arrowed)

Let us know, with a build date for your car if poss.

Also for all A35 & A45 & W177 owners - beware - Mice love the plastic material too!

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine was delivered without the shroud (Feb 2020 build)
Mice will go hungry!

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Mice. Got to be kidding. If correct why would they only chew that part.

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's the particular type of plastic.

Rodent damage to PVC cables are a very well known thing, ask any BT Openreach underground team.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
On the rodent front I put down rat poison trays in the garage, where my A45s always goes in without fail. This thread has prodded me in to remembering I must refill them as they must have made a delicious last supper for one or more of the furry types.

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Thank you.

So that's you and I without the lower shroud.
Not that it matters terribly, it's only cosmetic, and it's one less meal for the little buggers.
Don't get mad get even. Put down poison.

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m beginning to suspect that all cars built after say, Feb2020, won’t have the plastic shroud fitted. Need more data.

Owners with cars built after say Jan or Feb 2020 - please can you say if your adaptive suspension has the plastic shrouds or not?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2020, A45S+ Plus, mountain grey metallic, night, aero, & enough ambient colours to shake a stick at
11 Posts
W177 adaptive, delivered Nov2020

·
Super Moderator
4,359 Posts
Is there going to be a class action against MB for no rubber covers ;)

·
Registered
2020, A45S+ Plus, mountain grey metallic, night, aero, & enough ambient colours to shake a stick at
11 Posts
By the way, no protective covering.... thought I'd mention that too 😁

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting Veeeight.....this from www.automatictrap.com....
  • Keep in mind, rats and mice not only chew on house wires. They are also known to eat car wires as well. Many automotive companies are following the environmental trend and striving to use renewable materials in their automotive parts. Many have started using edible materials like soy as coating for automotive wires. Rats are attracted to the edible soy wire insulation and damage to automotive wiring has been steadily on the rise. Damage to an engine's wiring can not only be extremely costly — but it can also be very dangerous. Automobiles that are stored for any period of time should be protected from rats and mice. The engine should also be inspected for damage before use.

·
Super Moderator
3,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mmmmm soy 😍

So - anyone else with adaptive suspension with build from Jan/Feb 2020 - do you have the plastic shroud?

Anyone else with rodent chewed shrouds 😂

·
Registered
80 Posts
June 2019 build date has the rubber cover and can also confirm it hasn’t been chewed on.

Reactions: veeeight
1 - 20 of 25 Posts