Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Adding to order?

6K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Sonix 
#1 ·
I keep thumbing through the brochures whilst I wait and wonder about getting the extras below, are these worth adding do you reckon ?

Storage package - sounds a cheap enough add-on for storings 2 x kids bits n' bobs

Reversing Camera - Does this need anything other than this add-on ? (I have standard Audio 20 ordered)

Front Fog Lamps - My order has Halogens at the moment, so this looks fine to add - does anyone have any pictures of what they look like fitted ?

How far into the order is it possible to add stuff ? It's been about 2 weeks.

Thanks again.

#3 ·
I've got the reversing camera on mine as it doesn't have reversing beepers which I came to rely on with my previous car. The camera is excellent to see clearly behind you but you still need to use wing mirrors and I do turn round and look behind me as I've only had the car a week and trying to live without beepers! A good add on and I feel we'll worth it but you can't beat beepers!
It is an individual add on and works with basic audio 20 which is the same as I've got.Edited by: Anzz

#7 ·
Cheers folks, got in contact with them today and was told I had until the end of this week to make any changes / additions. So I've added

Storage Package
Reversing Camera
Lumbar Support

Didn't fancy the front fogs after all (thanks for the pic) I think the round fogs don't really fit the car too well and I can't remember the last time I actually used front fogs to be honest.

#9 ·
Sonix said:
Cheers folks, got in contact with them today and was told I had until the end of this week to make any changes / additions. So I've added

Storage Package
Reversing Camera
Lumbar Support

Didn't fancy the front fogs after all (thanks for the pic) I think the round fogs don't really fit the car too well and I can't remember the last time I actually used front fogs to be honest.
Sonix
Can I ask what date did you order yours so I can try to gauge my waiting time

Thanks

#10 ·
Good choice Sonix! I didn't want to put you off but I agree with you, I don't know when I last used fogs. Cruising during the day with fogs on is so yesterday!!!

#11 ·
Crikey, I kinda hope it doesn't arrive so soon, I was aiming for 1st week in July to pick up on my birthday and Company car doesn't go back until first week of August !

That would match the dealer's estimate of June, I was kinda expecting end rather than beginning though lol.

Gary, I think it was ordered on 2 April and I got a confirmation email from the dealer on 3 April saying it was confirmed by the factory.

Cheers.

#12 ·
The dates for mine were;
4th Jan - Ordered
28th Jan - Cut off date for changes to spec - Confirmed build
25th Feb - Build date
4th Mar - At UK port
7th Mar - At dealer
8th Mar - Delivered

Slightly underestimated time from spec changefinal cut off date to delivery but it was under 6 weeks anyhow.

#13 ·
Thanks sonix and mon2s

My niece works for MB at the dealers were I ordered mine and she's gonna see if she can get an earlier build date .
I asked for end of May for certain reasons then allowing delivery ETC was hoping end of June, but they have given me 18 June for build and and early July delivery so that's around 6 weeks give or take , if its delayed for any reason ill have to tax my car and I don't want to do that

#15 ·
I've a similar thing in that my tax, service and MOT on my current car are all due a couple of weeks after my delivery estimate and I don't particularly want to fork out for all that just to get rid of the car.

I'm also wondering if I should have heard anything from the dealer. I placed the order on the 3rd of March with an estimate of 3rd May, which is fast approaching. I was thinking I might have had an update by now or should I be asking them - I don't really want to be bothering them if they're not going to know anything more.

#17 ·
my dealership has phoned every week to update where we are with build and delivery - mine has slipped a month - was due 23rd April now saying 17 May

#18 ·
TerryA213 said:
my dealership has phoned every week to update where we are with build and delivery - mine has slipped a month - was due 23rd April now saying 17 May
That's what I don't want to happen, spoke to MB today and build date is fixed can't bring it forward but I've got till. May the 20th to finalise car , red is growing on me very quickly

#19 ·
Red is awesome... I do a lot of mileage on the M4 to Wales and did myself a quick n' dirty count of white, grey, silver cars against other colours for the last few trips and you'd be surprised that it's about 80% with the white, grey, silvers, and the other colours make up the total. Red these days is being a little different I guess.

Historical problem with Red is that it fades badly and is difficult to match after a prang. Next time you are out on the road have a look at a 10 year old red vehicle and see how it's faded.

Answer to that is to spend your weekends washing and waxing.

Edited by: Sonix

#20 ·
Sonix
I change mine so often it won't even get dirty let alone have time to fade LOL

But I agree they do need to be polished . Also it looks great with the pano roof so I might have to add that , the list grows

#21 ·
Checked in with the dealer today as I've been reading about some of the delays other members have been faced with.

Dealer told me "I've checked online and your New Mercedes-Benz A-Class is due in to us 3rd week in June.".

So Phew! No change there then

3 April Ordered, around 21 June expected Delivery (12 weeks?)

So, what do they use to "check online" and can we do it ?

#22 ·
That's good news Sonix. Its their own dealer system showing the cars status. Its linked to the factory production data.

No, you can't access it!

Its amazing that this is not commonly available in 2013 in the car ordering world. Apparently VW and a few others have now started to offer this facility so hopefully next time we order, we can check to our hearts content instead of waiting for a phone call once a fortnight!

#23 ·
Having ordered back in December and delivery pushed back to July I decided on Friday to add on the night pack. After seeing everyone's lovely cars I decided the night pack just gave it a bit extra so thanks everyone for posting your photos!! Friday was the last day I could add anything so hopefully that means they have a build date at last!!

#24 ·
hi all, I need some help

I'm thinking of changing my order...drop active park assist and replacing it with Climate control. My change is based on the fact that 90% of the time I'll probably use the Climate control vs almost never using the active park assist

Any thoughts??? Does anyone use the active part assist offen?

#25 ·
I never use the park assist however the parking sensors that come with it are very useful. I also have the Lux climate and if I had to choose between the two of them . . . . I'd keep both. But with a gun to my head I may keep the parking sensors and put up with the standard climate.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.