Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry folks, still no photoshoot, this weather in has been a real disaster lately, plus bad timing, anyway i can properly make a post of the upcoming edits of this car now!, since my custom plates have come in today. Look out for more pictures in this post. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Beautiful! Almost as lovely as my white one! Loevess!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nice - all the better with the black background on the plates - I wish they were legal here. Cars always look better with black/silver or black/white plates IMO

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! More pictures!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

New wheels came in! Sitting quite aggressively methinks. Hmm! Enjoy folks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks superb!!!
Love it!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi, Awsome looking car
Quick question regardingthe front lip on your car, did you paint it black or did it come from the factory like that. I want to do the same with mine getting a White A250 AMG Pack. Thinking Carbon Wrap will also look good on the lip and side sill inserts.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Looking awesome Loevess!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks awesome! Are the wheels 19's? And did you lower it more?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks fellas!

@AMS1979 I plastidipped my sideskirt sills and front lip with black and then glossed it. As you can see it turns out more satin then a high crystal gloss, still i can live with it. I believe with white, either black or carbon would turn out real sweet! I would prefer carbon if you ask me. All the best!

@joes I'll be honest, i took the picture when i had my old wheels in it, so it does seem lower.. but having a driver + 1 passenger (total of 2 people) will already make the car look like that. The wheels are 20x8.5 all round, all my friends thought it was gonna look like hotwheels (a hatch with 20") but as you can see i proved them wrong.
(I guess the color and the spoke design comes into play too, but hey I'm happy with it.)

@Anzz keep us updated with your car buddy! no modifications or personalization along the way?

Edited by: Loevess

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
new wheels really suit the car mate

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Loevess,
Thank you for the feedback you car looks good and unique, I'm also leaning towards the carbon esp with the white. Does the 20" affect handling and ride quality?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are they 20" run flats? Firm ride! Looks sick love it!

·
Registered
112 Posts
You never answered about speedo? How was that affected with the bigger wheels? Do they scub at all?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Going 20's doesn't really effect performance.. i think these wheels are probably about 5kg heavier (in total) compared to the stock ones i have, so it's really not that much difference. They're also wider which provides more grip, and don't forget the cambering that comes stock, all driving still very smooth and i'm very satisfied with it.

Speedo Calibration? not too sure man. Will have to get that checked, but i don't see a reason why it wouldnt be fine.

Thanks dan!

Also i did watch fast furious 6 last night, and after the movie finish, i went home and tried to catch up to a yellow light, i was going near 100 and did a turn, the car skidded for about 0.3 seconds and then i got it back in control. Can't really blame me, the movie is quite contagious. Hahaha

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh and no, these aren't runflats. Otherwise my ride will be alot harsher then it is now.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Changing diameter will put your speedo out use a gps speedo on your phone to check.

Bit of a worry no spare and no run flats.... I worry not having a spare even with run flats...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah i get the whole diameter thing, oooo thanks for that app, didn't know such app existed. Cheers for that man!

1 - 20 of 196 Posts