Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the first big trip, about 300 km on the Motorway.
I noticed a few, many aerodynamic noises in the area of the driver's rearview mirror.
The speed was on the order of 120/130 km / h.
It looks like missing any piece in the mirror area, or door.
Has anyone noticed this?
I will report to the seller, but I would like more information.
Thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
People have reported slight wind noise. Is this what you're referring too? Again this is down to build quality overall I think.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi
Yes, I went with the car to the garage, I went for a drive with an MB employee. So he heard the same thing as me.
The car stayed 2 days in the workshop and came back better, not perfect ...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I have this too. They adjusted the doors and replaced the rubbers around the windows in the back, but none of this really helped.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello guys,

I have exactly the same thing, starting at around 130km/h there's some noise which sounds like small rocks are hitting the door. I must say the noise is still there even at 200km/h (I had to test it in the Autobahn in Germany).
I thought about the seals too but it is strange that the noise pops out just around 130km/h. If I slow down to 120 or 110km/h the noise is gone.
I tried to explain this to the Mercedes mechanic but as expected they said they didn't hear anything and they didn't even try to fix it.
At least I'm relieved that I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello guys,

I have exactly the same thing, starting at around 130km/h there's some noise which sounds like small rocks are hitting the door. I must say the noise is still there even at 200km/h (I had to test it in the Autobahn in Germany).
I thought about the seals too but it is strange that the noise pops out just around 130km/h. If I slow down to 120 or 110km/h the noise is gone.
I tried to explain this to the Mercedes mechanic but as expected they said they didn't hear anything and they didn't even try to fix it.
At least I'm relieved that I'm not the only one.
thank you for highlighting this. I had the exact same thing happen to me this morning on my drive home from the dealership

it sounds like I am driving over some stones, maybe it was? But it happened for a little while and I am therefore not convinced it was stones but what you explaining above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Aerodynamic noises

Hello from Crete mine a180 has the same problem. Over the 110 km/h it sounds like an open window.
I went back to the AD they noticed the problem they changed the door seals, the problem remain the same.
finally after 7 visits they concluded that this terrible aerodynamic problem is normal for this model and they cant help me!!
Poor quality of construction.........

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a a200 with the same problem, im from spain and there are not solutions for this are awesome!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hello from Crete mine a180 has the same problem. Over the 110 km/h it sounds like an open window.

I went back to the AD they noticed the problem they changed the door seals, the problem remain the same.

finally after 7 visits they concluded that this terrible aerodynamic problem is normal for this model and they cant help me!!

Poor quality of construction.........

Read other topic here and you find my instructions how to fix or get it much more better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Read other topic here and you find my instructions how to fix or get it much more better.
Thank you for your help, but, I have already mentioned your instructions to the local AD, he supposedly tried it but nothing no difference.
I can’t go to an independent fixer because I will lose the Oficial guarantee.
So I am trapped, I bought a brand new car with quality problem and nobody is willing to fix it.
I never thought that Mercedes could be so untrustworthy!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for your help, but, I have already mentioned your instructions to the local AD, he supposedly tried it but nothing no difference.
I can’t go to an independent fixer because I will lose the Oficial guarantee.
So I am trapped, I bought a brand new car with quality problem and nobody is willing to fix it.
I never thought that Mercedes could be so untrustworthy!!
Hi Docortho, did your dealer change the seals of the small rear windows too? I mention this because i read in another forum that this was the reason of the noise.
Btw, i am facing the same issue, over 120kmh

·
Registered
123 Posts
The rubber change is whortless and it's not resolve the problem. (Only if you put two rubber top of each other then it's work. This is joke)

Because the problem is too big gap between doorframe and body and change rubber not get that gap any smaller.

If it's possible there is one more way what to do. Move both doors inside, about 0,5-1,0 mm. This need to do first door hinges and then also doors lock backplate. But windline must be correct after changes.

Fender must be outer than frontdoor and frontdoor must be outer than reardoor and reardoor must be outer than body.

This is simple to do if understand what to do and why.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Docortho, did your dealer change the seals of the small rear windows too? I mention this because i read in another forum that this was the reason of the noise.
Btw, i am facing the same issue, over 120kmh
I am not sure if he changed the seals of the small rear windows.
Could you please send me the link of this forum?

·
Registered
3 Posts
absolutely the same as you. same sound. from 95-100km. insupportable !! my class is at Mercedes workshop. I'll let you know, but they seem not to find the problem. I am a taker of the link of the forum also please

·
Registered
123 Posts
absolutely the same as you. same sound. from 95-100km. insupportable !! my class is at Mercedes workshop. I'll let you know, but they seem not to find the problem. I am a taker of the link of the forum also please

I have tell here about 25 times and 15 different topic what the problem is and how to fix it and why doors seal NOT fix the problem.

So tell you dealer what I have told here so many times and if then they can fix it.

Also I told here many times why I know how to fix the problem. This is the last time I mention this correction here in the forum.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts