Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Following my recent intro to the forum, I have a query regarding an air con problem. Basically it doesnt seem to work at all. The car is less than 4 years old so I wouldn't expect it to need a re-gas already. Is there a common air con related problem with the A45 I should know about?

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
1,962 Posts
I had mine about 4 years from new and never had any issues

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys, i'm going to have to get it booked in and checked out. I wonder if this sort of thing would be covered under my basic warranty (none Merc)?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’ve just replaced the condenser, it was corroded badly. They are of poor quality and was buried behind various other rads on the A45.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers Lee, mine is booked in on Friday, so will mention the condenser to them. Was yours doing the same thing, just blowing warm air? Has the condenser solved the issue?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi,

With no gas pressure the compressor will not start, no or low gas is the normally the problem however it also can be a fuse, relay or clutch/compressor. Or even a simple regas as they do loose gas over time but 4 years is premature.

What ever the problem insure the inject tracer dye into the system so finding leaks in the future will save you a few quid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts