Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if anyone knows of when K&N, Green, Pipercross etc will release a replacement air filter or Induction Kit for the W177.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi mate, sorry to drag up an old thread. Did you have any luck finding an air filter.
Everywhere seems to be out of stock (if they have even had any previously).
All i know is K&N have it as a 33-3133.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Personally I think aftermarket air filters do sod all for performance (unless combined with certain other modifications). The factory intake system wasn't designed by Rudolph the intern.
I guess some people enjoy more intake noise but the A Class has a good cold air intake as standard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have found three screws holding down filter cover, but the 4th at the back seems impossible to get at.What can be removed and how to access this last screw?Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have found three screws holding down filter cover, but the 4th at the back seems impossible to get at.What can be removed and how to access this last screw?Any help appreciated.
I replaced my Panel filter with a pipercross one. I used a small ratchet to unscrew the 4 screws. But remove the ECU first. The boost pipe has a flexy bit so you wont need to take that off.

Also for the A220/250/35, they all have the same air box (but A35 has a different intake part into the airbox), K&N and Pipercross make panel filters for these engines. Also Arma-Speed produce a full Carbon Fibre induction kit which has the induction sounds :p However it cost about £900 which is a lot of money!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for that1of1A250.Unfortunately i am not very mechanically minded and do not want to damage anything.Can i assume the ECU is the bit on top and if so how do you remove it .An idiots guide would be helpful and any pics.Many thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts