Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi...I also had the same issue yesterday...and it back to normal after change the brightness to 0%...but not sure will this issue come again or not...so how about yours?...
Mine happened again one more time but since then it hasn't happened again for long time now

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2021 cla 45 s amg and yesterday the ambient light of the doors with the led strips stopped working together with the lighting of the feet and the headboards of the seats but all the ambient light of the dashboard and the air exits works perfectly. what can i do ?

Attachments

·
Administrator
4,822 Posts
Check that the individual brightness controls are not set to zero, if not, then you have to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi everyone.

Got my 2019 A35 Premium Plus about a month ago and have noticed the interior ambient lighting isn't working. Just so happy driving the car I never noticed lol.

I've been through all the possible variations, switched things off / on, voice command and tried the internet.....I even looked an the owners manual....🤣.

I seem to be doing everything correct but no lights.

Any ideas or am I just doing something very wrong?

·
Administrator
4,822 Posts
Also asked here:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Also asked here:

UPDATE!! Car went in for work to fix ambient lights.
Day 1. Technician tried to call at 4:50pm, after being asked to go back to dealership at 5pm if i received no text update. Obviously at this time I was already on my way to dealership. After getting there and being greeted by Kevin I was told that the required download from MB had not worked and crashed twice before completion. He said they would keep it overnight, remove battery and reset for tomorrow.
Day 2. Txt at lunch time to say car was fixed....Yaaay! Greeted by Kev and told everything went fine with second attempt and due to the inconvenience from the day before, they had given me the latest full system update including gearbox, engine management, main display etc. Can definitely feel difference with much smoother throttle from standstill and, it's probably just me, but feels quicker! Plus a little better on fuel :oops: Some changes to menu graphics but nothing that effects your knowledge of the system.....and I've got my ambient lights!! 😁
All in, this was a very positive experience of my dealership in Cheltenham. Staff are always helpful and this all included a courtesy car while mine was in 'hospital'.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I noticed this morning that the ambiant lighting in the headrests on the passenger side front and rear are both out, drivers side both working as normal, just wondering if anyone had any advice on what this may be, I'm thinking possibly a fuse? As it's two out rather than one in which case I would think the buld. Any answers would be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
4,822 Posts
Just as a FYI for other readers of this thread - the level of ambient lighting has changed over the years, with reductions (eg rear footwells, centre console etc.) on every MY change.

More details here:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts