Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
? you will be telling me you are blond next as well ?

I'm pre FU2 (FRESH UP 2) so mine is different but I think that if you go to Home, System and then down to the bottom it gives you the software version but if there is nothing there you are pre FU2 like me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The reason I was asking about the software version is it is possible this problem might be fixed by updating the software. However, for me at least updating to FU2 will mean that the Personal POI's in the nav will no longer work ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello guys,

yesterday, when i was on my way home, ambient lights in one of the center vents, (Turbine shaped) completely died. Just wondering is there any one here, had a similar experience? Could that be just a Fuse malfunction..? Please share your experience if you had one of these ambient lights died suddenly.

Going to call MB tomorrow and need to find out whether its under the warranty, which I assume it is, as it was build in 2018 - June, bought brand new in September 2018.

Shame that it just died after an year, and i wouldn't be happy if they have to take all parts out to replace it and do it manually, which the car will not be the same as it was from the factory. ( there is a chance that rattle noices will occur in future if the technician hasn't fit all the bits properly)

Thanks in advance.

MM

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello guys,

yesterday, when i was on my way home, ambient lights in one of the center vents, (Turbine shaped) completely died. Just wondering is there any one here, had a similar experience? Could that be just a Fuse malfunction..? Please share your experience if you had one of these ambient lights died suddenly.

Going to call MB tomorrow and need to find out whether its under the warranty, which I assume it is, as it was build in 2018 - June, bought brand new in September 2018.

Shame that it just died after an year, and i wouldn't be happy if they have to take all parts out to replace it and do it manually, which the car will not be the same as it was from the factory. ( there is a chance that rattle noices will occur in future if the technician hasn't fit all the bits properly)

Thanks in advance.

MM

·
Registered
24 Posts
I’ve had the same thing twice. It happened both times with the same friend on different days strangely enough, and it hasn’t happened since. It was the centre passenger side vent for me. Can’t help but feel it was a software issue as it hasn’t happened again. I just put it down to the car not liking the passenger ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve had the same thing twice. It happened both times with the same friend on different days strangely enough, and it hasn’t happened since. It was the centre passenger side vent for me. Can’t help but feel it was a software issue as it hasn’t happened again. I just put it down to the car not liking the passenger ;)
Hi Mate,
Did you took yours to the MB ..? If so, what did they said..?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It happened to me few times. Every time I turn the car off and wait few minutes then restart again, problem solved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,

As happened to most of you guys, mine got fixed itself too. Was gonna take it to MB dealership yesterday, but it lit back on when i got in to the car. Will contact them if it happens again.

Thanks everyone for sharing their experience on this.

MM

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi all,
Getting used to my 2 week old A200 AMG line premium and loving it so far. I noticed tonight that three of the four interior door handles have reasonably bright ambient lighting but the drivers door is very faint such that you can only really see it if you get down and look underneath. Can anyone confirm if this is normal?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have never noticed this but will have a look tonight.

If it is like this on my car and others too i guess its just so its abit easier to see the lock/unlock buttons?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Hi all,
Getting used to my 2 week old A200 AMG line premium and loving it so far. I noticed tonight that three of the four interior door handles have reasonably bright ambient lighting but the drivers door is very faint such that you can only really see it if you get down and look underneath. Can anyone confirm if this is normal?
My driver's door handle light is also very dim, I assumed that it was down to the viewing angle because the passenger side is fine. You could try sitting in the passenger seat to see how it looks from that side

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hello guys,

Thanks in advance.

MM

like this?yes... but only once...i believe is because of cold

·
Registered
2019 A180d AMG Line Premium
32 Posts
Sorry to bump this old thread, but I have Ambient Lighting Issues and it's obviously logical to post in here!

Anyway, so as the pictures show, there's a wire and connector hanging down from a cut out in the plastic where presumably a light fitting once was?

Surely Mercedes wouldn't build the car without the ambient light fitting, considering there's ambient lighting in the other 3 footwells?

(unfortunately it turns out this was a hire car from new, for the first year and you know how some people seem to treat hire cars!)

Also there is ambient lighting slots in the rear offside door handle and door pocket, just that they've never worked since I got the car. You would've thought the recent MBUX FUP3 update would've fixed that?

Back to Mercedes then to have them fixed!

Does anyone know if these issues will be covered by warranty?

Attachments

21 - 40 of 78 Posts