Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2019 A180d AMG Line Premium
32 Posts
Shocking people can steal from cars and get away with it and not even noticed by Mercedes when they got the car and sold it on!

Well, I phoned to book it in, but considering my other issue (navigation not showing in driver's screen), I have to wait while they're in contact with a company in Portugal and Milton Keynes (random), to find out a fix to the problem and then they can do both whilst they have the car in!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yeah just came back to my car after 30mins and ambient lighting stuck on, annoying. Maybe it’s self updating? ?
I had the same issue today for first time. And managed to fix it by going
to the ambient lighting settings and change the brightness to 0%.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi everyone.

Got my 2019 A35 Premium Plus about a month ago and have noticed the interior ambient lighting isn't working. Just so happy driving the car I never noticed lol.

I've been through all the possible variations, switched things off / on, voice command and tried the internet.....I even looked an the owners manual....🤣.

I seem to be doing everything correct but no lights.

Any ideas or am I just doing something very wrong?

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
Also asked here:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Also asked here:

UPDATE!! Car went in for work to fix ambient lights.
Day 1. Technician tried to call at 4:50pm, after being asked to go back to dealership at 5pm if i received no text update. Obviously at this time I was already on my way to dealership. After getting there and being greeted by Kevin I was told that the required download from MB had not worked and crashed twice before completion. He said they would keep it overnight, remove battery and reset for tomorrow.
Day 2. Txt at lunch time to say car was fixed....Yaaay! Greeted by Kev and told everything went fine with second attempt and due to the inconvenience from the day before, they had given me the latest full system update including gearbox, engine management, main display etc. Can definitely feel difference with much smoother throttle from standstill and, it's probably just me, but feels quicker! Plus a little better on fuel :oops: Some changes to menu graphics but nothing that effects your knowledge of the system.....and I've got my ambient lights!! 😁
All in, this was a very positive experience of my dealership in Cheltenham. Staff are always helpful and this all included a courtesy car while mine was in 'hospital'.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed this morning that the ambiant lighting in the headrests on the passenger side front and rear are both out, drivers side both working as normal, just wondering if anyone had any advice on what this may be, I'm thinking possibly a fuse? As it's two out rather than one in which case I would think the buld. Any answers would be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
Just as a FYI for other readers of this thread - the level of ambient lighting has changed over the years, with reductions (eg rear footwells, centre console etc.) on every MY change.

More details here:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, please can anyone help me? my 68 plate A200 has been fine then yesterday the ambient lights just didn't turn off when I got out and locked the car as they normally do? no settings have been touched, it was just a normal journey.

I manually went into settings and turned them off altogether but I do want them on at night just as I always have?

anyone have ay ideas??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I would have got back in started the car then stopped it and re-locked it to see if it was just a glitch. Set them back to how u had them then try again. Good luck, if it doesn’t fix itself it’s back to the dealer if it’s still in warranty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am a new owner of a 2019 a200 premium plus and am loving it so far.
I have however had problems with two things:
  • Sometimes the ambient lighting on the passenger side vents and the light bar above will turn off for some reason.
  • My phone calls from my iPhone wont go through the MBUX system, works fine when someone calls me but straight to call failed or something when I call.
If anyone has had these issues or knows what I am doing wrong, please let me know.

Other than this, the move from my Vauxhall has been extremely successful :LOL:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hi, I am a new owner of a 2019 a200 premium plus and am loving it so far.
I have however had problems with two things:
  • Sometimes the ambient lighting on the passenger side vents and the light bar above will turn off for some reason.
  • My phone calls from my iPhone wont go through the MBUX system, works fine when someone calls me but straight to call failed or something when I call.
If anyone has had these issues or knows what I am doing wrong, please let me know.

Other than this, the move from my Vauxhall has been extremely successful :LOL:
Hi and welcome.

Not had issues with phone (I'm Samsung) but I did have issues with my ambient lighting.

It required an update at the dealership, so I would book it in with them and explain your phone issue. The update may sort that as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi and welcome.

Not had issues with phone (I'm Samsung) but I did have issues with my ambient lighting.

It required an update at the dealership, so I would book it in with them and explain your phone issue. The update may sort that as well.
Cheers, I thought that might be the case.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I’ve noticed the interior lighting isn’t coming on in my a35 interior at either side of the centre console.. I’ll post a pic below of where I’m referring too.. the rest of the lighting seems to be working fine.. maybe something in the settings I need to change?
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle door

41 - 60 of 78 Posts