Mercedes A-Class Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Cars booked into Mercedes today. They updated software and still no change in lighting. They stripped the centre console and reported the wiring clips / loom had corroded.. they put this down to a liquid spill causing corrosion and making the lighting not work.. cost is £184, they need to back order that part.. I’m my 9 months of ownership I’ve never spilled any liquid to my knowledge.. does this sound like they’re pulling my leg? I’ve asked them to order the part for the wiring loom. They won’t cover it under warranty

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
Cars booked into Mercedes today. They updated software and still no change in lighting. They stripped the centre console and reported the wiring clips / loom had corroded.. they put this down to a liquid spill causing corrosion and making the lighting not work.. cost is £184, they need to back order that part.. I’m my 9 months of ownership I’ve never spilled any liquid to my knowledge.. does this sound like they’re pulling my leg? I’ve asked them to order the part for the wiring loom. They won’t cover it under warranty
You’ve got away lightly with £184.

·
Registered
117 Posts
unless the prev owner caused a spill I can’t recall doing it myself.. I’m anal with the car (at least I thought). But do the pins looks corroded?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Collected car and the centre console lightings working again. The loom is on back order (2 wks) but now I’m in 2 minds whether to fit it or not.. cars due a service later this year, so if the lights stop working within that time I’ll ask them to refit a new loom - as it’s not covered under warranty anyways.. OR could leaving the current loom potentially cause more damage to other electrical components in the vehicle? Cheers

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
You could always leave it for now and get it done if the lights go wrong in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I'm having issue with the ambient lights on passengers seats basically are not working, but again just on the passenger seats, did anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions on how can I fix the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed this morning that the ambiant lighting in the headrests on the passenger side front and rear are both out, drivers side both working as normal, just wondering if anyone had any advice on what this may be, I'm thinking possibly a fuse? As it's two out rather than one in which case I would think the buld. Any answers would be much appreciated.
Hi have you found a solution? because I have the exact same problem...so annoying

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

So I finally have my new A45s - but it seems like the ambient lighting along the center console isn't working. There are two lights in the drink holders. Is this part of the slowly remove features as time goes on?

I took it off to carbon wrap it - positive I plugged everything back in ok. Underneath it appears to have two plastic light tubes that would show the lighting if it were working.

Any ideas?

Automotive tire Floor Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Azure Motor vehicle Automotive design Rectangle

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
Glad to hear you have your A45s at last. Welcome to the fraternity.

I will leave others to respond to your ambient lighting centre console point.

·
Administrator
5,306 Posts
Is this part of the slowly remove features as time goes on?
Yes.

Centre console lighting was removed in 2021.

See:

61 - 78 of 78 Posts