Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

Ambient Lighting Issues

69K views 88 replies 41 participants last post by  pixelstag 
#1 ·
Hi all, so I collected an A200 Premium Plus almost 3 weeks ago and love the ambient lighting, especially at night, it really sets the car apart from some of its rivals. I have the ‘ocean blue’ preset on but recently, the vent on the drivers right side is stuck on yellow no matter what I do to the settings! I’ve reset the system completely but it just sits there on yellow. I’ve also noticed that when I lock the car, all the lights go off except this one vent, which fades 30 seconds later. Has anybody got any ideas? It’s booked into Mercedes at the end of the month but just wondered if there’s anything in the mean time that I can do. Not a massive issue and the car drives great, but for £30k-ish you want it to be right. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
I see i am not the only one. Last week my light went white. Cannot change it at all. Apart from vents that light up red and blue when temp change all the rest is white.
Reset all with no luck.
Now when starting the car light will not go on at all, until you press temp button up or down. Then will come on white.
Booked in MB but did u get your sorted ?? I assume its electrical problem...

Cheers

#11 ·
@NewDay - I have tried to disconnect battery with no luck. Reset all setting. And over weekend i spotted that one of those "strip lights' is try to swith on. Almost like old T5 bulb. But only come on when press temp adjust button.
@jono119 - Glad all sorted ! Mine is going to MB on 12th....wonder if its loom as well. Will keep updated.

Thank you all !!

#14 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys have been having problems with the ambient lights not turning off after car has been locked.

After I have locked the car only sometimes I still have the car ambients lights still turned on after everything else is off. I don't know whether or not if it is something I'm doing wrong. I have to then turn the car on and drive round the block and then lock it again and after that the ambient lights would turn off.

#17 ·
Hi,

I have had my A250 Prem+ for around 3 months now and today, my ambient light has been messed up. It only stays on the white/yellow colour. I have tried resetting it and nothing has changed. If I take it into the dealer. How long will it take for the people that have had it done?

#18 ·
I have just noticed a very strange thing, the nearside door ambient led & the offside air vent led stopped working.

Switched off open the door locked the car, the opened up and switched everything on again & it's all fine ?

So what is going on?

#24 ·
? you will be telling me you are blond next as well ?

I'm pre FU2 (FRESH UP 2) so mine is different but I think that if you go to Home, System and then down to the bottom it gives you the software version but if there is nothing there you are pre FU2 like me.

#27 ·
The reason I was asking about the software version is it is possible this problem might be fixed by updating the software. However, for me at least updating to FU2 will mean that the Personal POI's in the nav will no longer work ?

#28 ·
Hello guys,

yesterday, when i was on my way home, ambient lights in one of the center vents, (Turbine shaped) completely died. Just wondering is there any one here, had a similar experience? Could that be just a Fuse malfunction..? Please share your experience if you had one of these ambient lights died suddenly.

Going to call MB tomorrow and need to find out whether its under the warranty, which I assume it is, as it was build in 2018 - June, bought brand new in September 2018.

Shame that it just died after an year, and i wouldn't be happy if they have to take all parts out to replace it and do it manually, which the car will not be the same as it was from the factory. ( there is a chance that rattle noices will occur in future if the technician hasn't fit all the bits properly)

Thanks in advance.

MM

#39 ·
Hello guys,

yesterday, when i was on my way home, ambient lights in one of the center vents, (Turbine shaped) completely died. Just wondering is there any one here, had a similar experience? Could that be just a Fuse malfunction..? Please share your experience if you had one of these ambient lights died suddenly.

Going to call MB tomorrow and need to find out whether its under the warranty, which I assume it is, as it was build in 2018 - June, bought brand new in September 2018.

Shame that it just died after an year, and i wouldn't be happy if they have to take all parts out to replace it and do it manually, which the car will not be the same as it was from the factory. ( there is a chance that rattle noices will occur in future if the technician hasn't fit all the bits properly)

Thanks in advance.

MM

like this?yes... but only once...i believe is because of cold

#29 ·
Hello guys,

Thanks in advance.

MM

#30 ·
I’ve had the same thing twice. It happened both times with the same friend on different days strangely enough, and it hasn’t happened since. It was the centre passenger side vent for me. Can’t help but feel it was a software issue as it hasn’t happened again. I just put it down to the car not liking the passenger ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.