Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this question before on the forum but could not get a definitive answer. Can someone help with this basic issue?

I just want to turn off my ambient lights but don't know how to switch them off. It appears to be on for me all the time even during the day in bright sunlight.

I just want to switch ambient lights off permanently and switch it on only when i drive at night time (which is less often considering summer). Please can someone help how can i do this?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do you mean the interior ambient lights? In which case it's a menu option under the lighting menu.

If you mean the daytime running lights, then no, they can't be switched off.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you mean the interior ambient lights? In which case it's a menu option under the lighting menu.

If you mean the daytime running lights, then no, they can't be switched off.
OK thanks. Is there a setting for interior ambient lights to be automatic based available sunlight?

I want the interior ambient lights to come on automatically at night and off during daytime just like the headlights. Is there a way I can do this?

·
Registered
187 Posts
OK thanks. Is there a setting for interior ambient lights to be automatic based available sunlight?

I want the interior ambient lights to come on automatically at night and off during daytime just like the headlights. Is there a way I can do this?
I don't think there is a setting for the internal ambient lighting to be adaptive. To be honest I am struggling to understand why you would want this. At best you could set the lighting setting to it's lowest (1 out of 5 I believe) and then during the day it will likely be bright enough in the cabin that you won't see it. As it gets darker or goes into the night obviously it would become more noticeable which I guess would give you the effect you are looking for?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think there is a setting for the internal ambient lighting to be adaptive. To be honest I am struggling to understand why you would want this. At best you could set the lighting setting to it's lowest (1 out of 5 I believe) and then during the day it will likely be bright enough in the cabin that you won't see it. As it gets darker or goes into the night obviously it would become more noticeable which I guess would give you the effect you are looking for?
Thanks. I just wanted to preserve the life of the ambient lighting led strips by using it only when needed and not having it on all the time.

Now I know that only way to switch off internal ambient lights is thru menu setting and is not automatic/adaptive. Thanks for confirming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts