Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top LED strip across the dash in my car is less bright than all the other led's, particularly in the red light spectrum. I reported this when I took the car in recently for warrenty work & the technition agreed and changed the panel but it is no better, worse if anything. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
176 Posts
The top LED strip across the dash in my car is less bright than all the other led's, particularly in the red light spectrum. I reported this when I took the car in recently for warrenty work & the technition agreed and changed the panel but it is no better, worse if anything. Does anyone else have this problem?
I don’t actually own the vehicle yet but from what Iv seen that LED is less bright as it’s stops you from taking your eyes of the road as it’s in eye line and to stop weird reflections on glasses at night which make it difficult to see.

Not sure if it’s right just, what I have seen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine is less bright also but have you tried changing it in settings? I balance mine out to all be the same brightness in the ambient lighting menu. I dint put it in super bright as I find it distracting.

·
Registered
822 Posts
If the top of the dash LED strip is less bright than the top LED strips on the doors then I think it’s a fault. All three strip elements on my car are the same brightness

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is less bright also but have you tried changing it in settings? I balance mine out to all be the same brightness in the ambient lighting menu. I dint put it in super bright as I find it distracting.
Yes tried that thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the top of the dash LED strip is less bright than the top LED strips on the doors then I think it’s a fault. All three strip elements on my car are the same brightness
Thanks for that. The technician thought it was wrong and hadn't seen it before but when he looked at a couple of other cars they were the same. He has reported it though and I will put it in writing to the dealer & MB

·
Registered
64 Posts
anyone had this issue before? i start the car, the ambient light was all white at the beginning , no colors at all and then they become blue but the right vent didn't lit up . it did eventually lit up after i completely stop the car. :(

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone had this issue before? i start the car, the ambient light was all white at the beginning , no colors at all and then they become blue but the right vent didn't lit up . it did eventually lit up after i completely stop the car. :( View attachment 4328
Not exactly the same but similar. It just happened once but the n/s door led & o/s vent did not light. Restarted the car and all ok 🙄

·
Registered
380 Posts
Ambient lights in my car turn white when unlocking the car, and then change to colour when starting the car.
There have been a few reports on this forum about some vent lights sporadically misbehaving, and correcting after a restart.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I have Philips Hue lights all over my house and occasionally one of the bulbs will not turn on or off with the rest of the bulbs in a particular room. I think it's down to the zigbee mesh protocol that's used between the different Hue light bulbs to intercommunicate intermittently failing. The fix is to retry the on or off command in the Philips Hue app or via Alexa and it sorts itself out. Clutching at straws here but perhaps the different ambient light elements in the W177 use a similar protocol although I'd be shocked if they did this wirelessly like my lights in the home.

P.S. never had this problem myself in my own W177...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have Philips Hue lights all over my house and occasionally one of the bulbs will not turn on or off with the rest of the bulbs in a particular room. I think it's down to the zigbee mesh protocol that's used between the different Hue light bulbs to intercommunicate intermittently failing. The fix is to retry the on or off command in the Philips Hue app or via Alexa and it sorts itself out. Clutching at straws here but perhaps the different ambient light elements in the W177 use a similar protocol although I'd be shocked if they did this wirelessly like my lights in the home.

P.S. never had this problem myself in my own W177...
I wish you never have. The only retry in this case is to restart the car.until one day...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Top strip seems a little dimmer to me too on the passenger side and again as you mentioned, more so in the red spectrum. Turn the car on and sit in the passenger seat, I think you will find it looks almost the same. I think it’s the angle from the drivers seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone.
Yesterday I mentioned that top strip of ambient light in on passanger side of my a200 sport is less bright then other ones. It is more evident if you look at the small piece of stripe on driver side, it is much brighter. I've noticed it when my favourite color scheme was on, when top stripe is yellow and lower is blue. And I'm sure it wasn't like that when I've the bought the car. Going to visit dealer and claim the issue

1 - 13 of 13 Posts