Mercedes A-Class Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!
Just wanted to share this sad thing, just had someone breaking into my car last night.
Smashed small window behind back door, from there they manage to open the back door from the inside and get into the car.
-No alarm went of at all
-No notification from Mercedes Me app even though they leaved door open
Isn't that strange? And mercedes me app not notifying me that door is open, or is that a bug?

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear about that 馃槶

Registered
Sorry about that! I'd inform the MB about the situation! What's the reason for having such a useless app? Thought, it's of any use... :/

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear about that.

You need to check the spec of your car that an internal motion alarm is fitted in your country.

No, I don鈥檛 think the app will trigger a notification if a door has been opened, only if you open the app will it give you the status. Not sure how you could test this, as the doors are supposed to be deadlocked (is that fitted in your country?), maybe they levered it open in such a way that it didn鈥檛 trigger the door switch in the latch hence the car still thought the door was closed.

In my case even though I鈥檝e set up the geofencing alerts - because I use DND on my phone at night, the notifications on the geofencing won鈥檛 get through anyway because of DND!

The app, and notifications, are totally fallible. Relies on so many things, including LTE signal strength of the eSIM in the car. So if the car is in an underground carpark for example, you wouldn鈥檛 get any collision detection notifications on the app.

That鈥檚 why the app, even with all the geofencing and vehicle tracking, is not classified as a security device like a 鈥減roper鈥 tracker, it鈥檚 merely a 鈥渃onvenience鈥 feature which sometimes works depending on many things, like signal strength etc.

Really sorry to hear and see the work of a local scumbag. Where are you based.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts